Options

Free Study Materials?

xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
Does anyone have any recommendations or links to sites that offer free training?

I have my books, I have my guides, Jeremy's CBTNuggets, but I was wondering what else is out there... what else is free?

I was watching these videos:
CCNP ROUTE DVD Certification Exam Video Boot Camp CBT

until I realized it only lets you watch so many videos before it asks you to purchase it.

I just dont have $97 at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
nerd power.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cisco docs and gns3 vaults. Cisco has some very good documentation.

Apart from that most people use the FLG, CBTs and the Lab manual, all of which arent free as you probably know.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    its funny that you mentioned it because I was just about to post it. I came across gns3vault about a week ago, and just remembered it lastnight.

looks like some great stuff.

thanks.
    nerd power.
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here are the links to the Cisco Networking Academy official Lab Manuals fro ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT. I can't speak for the others, but if you become very familiar with the labs for ROUTE in the manual, you will do well on the ROUTE exam.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/71180-ccnp-route-lab-manual-cisco-academy.html

Here is a link to Cisco's TAC training for IP routing with free online sims

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/68283-cisco-tac-training.html

Maybe we should start a sticky for free CCNP materials? icon_smile.gif
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    jtecsjtecs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm more than sure these links have already been posted somewhere, but I'll post them again.

INE's site and blog has a lot of free and useful information. Most of it is geared toward CCIE, but some are really worth a read. All of Petr Lapukhov's blogs are really good. The spanning-tree blogs are awesome.

CCIE Technology vSeminars | INE
    Understanding OSPF External Route Path Selection
    Blog Post Catalogue

Free Books

InformIT: Reference Library
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    also, if you dig around, you can get some good ideas for labs of gns3-labs.com
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    yeah thats a fail on my part. I didnt even bother to do a search. Not that I'm lazy, just got alot going on and it slipped my mind.

a sticky would be GREAT. In fact thats the first place I looked!

I have the labs in pdf format for ROUTE,TSHOOT,SWITCH... and I have the Lab Manuals and books.

Just when I need a break from the books/labs, I like to have videos to watch to switch things up. (no pun intended).
    nerd power.