Options

Philosophy!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I know a lot of people here are interested in Philosophy, so I figured I would post this link.

Podcasts - Faculty of Philosophy

Thus far I have listened to two of the Philosophy for Beginners and have really enjoyed them. Definitely very interesting subject to say the least!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very cool, thank you!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cheers,

I think being in IT demands you enjoy Philosophy :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I love you for this post....lol .
  • Options
    Given that people seemed to be happy with this post, I figured I would post this as well:

The Ayn Rand Institute: The Ayn Rand Multimedia Library--Philosophy: Who Needs It

Regardless of your believes on Ayn Rand, I think anyone would really enjoy listening to the talk she gave at West Point entitled "Philosophy, Who Needs It?"
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I'm thinking of doing BA in philosophy online lol...
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    ElectroxElectrox Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The good thing about philosophy is that you can do it anywhere, anytime, only need a clear mind.
  • Options
    I have to agree with this. I think (at least I have observed this thus far in my homebrewed philosophy education) that most Philosophers had a scientific interest along with their interest in Philosophy. I've found that in IT we are expected to always have the answer to a problem and I believe a good percentage of the time we do actually have the answer. So it is nice to study a field where essentially no one has the answer and all you have are "ideas" of what the answer could be. I also find that studying Philosophy opens the mind to a different point of view and definitely makes one look introspectively at themselves. Plus, once you go down "the rabbit hole" (sorry couldn't resist) it is amazing all the Philosophy you find around you...
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    cheers,

I think being in IT demands you enjoy Philosophy :)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff