Options

Passed 70-640 on 2nd try

coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
It was a humbling experience for me because it was the first cert I failed, but I sucked it up, studied where I was weak and passed it yesterday. Thanks to everyone on this forum; this is a great place to be!
Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!

Comments

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Currently studying for this now myself, this seems way more practical than the 642. What resources did you use?
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    I got a Server 2008 pocket guide that had a lot of commandline switches for various programs. I think out of all my training, that helped a lot.

Resources Used:
    -Server 2008 pocket guide
    -CBT Nuggets 70-640
    -Technet
    -Some sybex book with all of MCITP:SA on it(Books24/7) DNF it.... Boring!

Got a 750 on it, but failed once.
    Study Time: 2 months.

Next up: C|EH!
  • Options
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Currently studying for this now myself, this seems way more practical than the 642. What resources did you use?

Thanks man, I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    @Dakinggamer- Thanks a lot man!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! Good for you, good luck on the C|EH.
  • Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing icon_thumright.gif, keep going icon_study.gif toward 642, not that interesting as 640, but in containg good foundation in network infrastructure.
  • Options
    maluxcmaluxc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, hw long it took u to study 70-640 and did u use the **** to prepare for exam.
  • Options
    ArmannArmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice congrats, I'm taking mine next week.
    Good luck with ceh.
  • Options
    It's weird because I didn't really care for the the breadth of the cert, I pretty use only users and computers. I am actually looking forward to doing the 642 because I consider networking my strongest area/area I like.
  • Options
    @Armann- thank you very much, good luck on yours!

@maluxc- Thank you man, but we don't encourage **** by any means on this forum. I studied for about 2 months purely on the test. I failed the first time, but I took it again the next week.
  • Options
    Don't want to derail your thread but I really don't get using ****. You can get a **** that's accurate, learn it and pass the test if your lucky. That doesn't mean anything and kind of ruins what a certification means. If you have a certain certification that should tell the employer that you know x amount about the subject, not that you are really good at learning ****. I thinks it's going to catch up to you in the end if you get your certifications like that. Rant over. :)
  • Options
    maluxcmaluxc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Armann wrote: »
    Don't want to derail your thread but I really don't get using ****. You can get a **** that's accurate, learn it and pass the test if your lucky. That doesn't mean anything and kind of ruins what a certification means. If you have a certain certification that should tell the employer that you know x amount about the subject, not that you are really good at learning ****. I thinks it's going to catch up to you in the end if you get your certifications like that. Rant over. :)
    Tnx man,have de CBT nuggets hope dat will help, 4 now just gonna focus on studying untill I feel ready 4 de exam.
  • Options
    Personally, I totally hear what you are saying on the ****. There is a distinct separation on the certs you obtain and the jobs you do day to day. I feel that doing a **** kills the feeling of accomplishment and discredits the cert holder. The real problem is that people can pass the test using **** and whatnot and then can't discuss the fsmo roles at all. That's like a networking guy passing CCNA and can't explain subnetting. I can go on about it all day. To sum it up, I understand where you are coming from, but it is something I don't do.
  • Options
    @coty24 I wasn't talking about anyone here, just in general, I wouldn't want to pass an exam just on ****, like you said it would really make me look bad when I would have to explain something or talk to a fellow Windows server admin. :)
  • Options
    Sorry man, I reread your post after I posted my response. I should get my eyes checked haha :D
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    coty24 wrote: »
    It's weird because I didn't really care for the the breadth of the cert, I pretty use only users and computers. I am actually looking forward to doing the 642 because I consider networking my strongest area/area I like.

642 really isn't about networking.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Congrats man on the P icon_smile.gif
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'