Options

NOC or VAR

mayhem87mayhem87 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got my CCNA not to long ago and was wondering which would be a better place to start? Mainly looking at the long term of what one would benefit me the most in terms of knowledge and understanding of networks. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Hello,

It really depends on what you would like to do.

Do you love: networking/server/virtualization/etc

1st we need more info about you :)

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply! I do love doing the networking and vmware but have no passion in system admin. My overall goal would be to one day come into a company and setup a infrastructure. I want to hold certs in storage, visualization, networking and possibly security.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends on the NOC and the VAR. Are you going to be racking and stacking preconfigured equipment at the VAR? Is the NOC really a glorified helpdesk?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Depends on the NOC and the VAR. Are you going to be racking and stacking preconfigured equipment at the VAR? Is the NOC really a glorified helpdesk?
    From what I gather the NOC would be putting out fires over the phone and possibly remoting in. The VAR would be in sales setting up the networks. The downside I could see to this is I would mainly just be troubleshooting my mistakes in setting up the network instead of trying to figure out what happened to the network.