Options

Any Kindle owners interested in joining/starting a TechExams lending library?

2»

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maybe a sticky thread with strict rules is in order... first post, list the rules, each subsequent post contains books that folks are offering up for lending.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Negative once you lend a title out you can never lend it out again. The majority of titles can't be lent out either. This really makes this idea not feasible. Hopefully the publishers will change their mind in the future. Great idea though guys.
    jmritenour wrote: »
    I know you can only have it lent out once at any given time, but as far as I know, there's no limit to the number of times you can lend an item out.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Starke wrote: »
    Negative once you lend a title out you can never lend it out again. The majority of titles can't be lent out either. This really makes this idea not feasible. Hopefully the publishers will change their mind in the future. Great idea though guys.

Humbug. I'm not so sure the publishers will change their mind considering they're pulling E-content from libraries now. Isn't Amazon is working on their own content library thing?
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To clarify, I believe the lending rules are that you can only lend to a book to a single person once... you can lend a book more than once, just not to the same person. Also, it is for a maximum amount of time (a few weeks, I think), and you cannot view the book while lending it to someone else.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No this is wrong, you can only lend a book once and then you can no longer that book to anyone. Yes it's for 14 days and during that time you can't view it.
    powerfool wrote: »
    To clarify, I believe the lending rules are that you can only lend to a book to a single person once... you can lend a book more than once, just not to the same person. Also, it is for a maximum amount of time (a few weeks, I think), and you cannot view the book while lending it to someone else.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    just let me know what you guys want to do with the library. I have the lau book for server+, an ITIL book, an MS 786/785 book that I could lend out. I am not reading them now and I have the hard copies of most to fall back on if i ever need to use them again while someone has the ebook checked out.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green