Options

Todd Lammle book questions

Jason RJason R Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm looking for books to prepare me for the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]640-822 exam and I hear that Todd Lammle books by Sybex are the way to go. Can someone please confirm this for me? Also, if anyone has used Transcender software to prepare for the 640-822 please let me know your experiences as I am interested in the software.
[/FONT]
Passing the 640-822 grants the CCENT certification, and passing the 640-816 after would grant the CCNA correct?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Options
    alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    Hello,

I bought the CCNA Transcender videos and they definitely helped me pass ICND1. I also used the Cisco Press book and youtube. I've just ordered Todd's book from and the ICND2 cisco press book so hopefully this will cover enough labs and practice to get me through.

Transcender is really good though, I would recommend it. It's much easier to listen to someone and watch examples than to just read about them. It's worth noting through that you will have to do extra reading to help you understand the subject better but it's definitely a good jumping off point and a good reference for future clarification.
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    i used wendell's icnd 1 and 2 books and todd's ccna book to renew
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For the CCNA, there are are only 2 serious book candidates. Todd Lammle and Wendell Odom. It just comes down ot who's writing style you prefer, and Google Books has previews that are good enough to gauge that.

And yes, 640-822 is for the CCNET, and 640-816 is for the ICND2. Any questions you have about exam numbers, exam topics, etc. can be answered here.