Options

The details (a LinkedIn story)

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
A lady posts a message in a LinkedIn group looking to fill an Exchange admin position. Guy replies with "
wht is the professional expereince in Xchng server u r looking & please send me the JD & responsibilties".
Strike one. I look at his profile, click on the Personal Website link and it takes me to Google. Strike two. Definitely no need to look for a third strike. The tiny details can and will hurt you.

For those of you who have a LinkedIn presence please make sure it is as polished as your resume. It's all about first impressions. make sure you put the best you have to offer out there. Don't give them a chance to reject you early in the process.

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    A lady posts a message in a LinkedIn group looking to fill an Exchange admin position. Guy replies with "
    wht is the professional expereince in Xchng server u r looking & please send me the JD & responsibilties".
    Strike one. I look at his profile, click on the Personal Website link and it takes me to Google. Strike two. Definitely no need to look for a third strike. The tiny details can and will hurt you.

For those of you who have a LinkedIn presence please make sure it is as polished as your resume. It's all about first impressions. make sure you put the best you have to offer out there. Don't give them a chance to reject you early in the process.

Yikes! I try to keep mine up to date and with as much information that I can provide.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I would have responded with "Must have the ability to write better than my 2nd grader." ;)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Oh my, I just stumbled upon this one: "Hi All, I am Urgently looking for a change in Windows/Exchange 2003/2010 Admin or IT Operation area and , Can join Shortaly. any Reference are highly Appriciable".
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I wish LinkedIn was popular during the few years I was being sent to conferences...would have definitely helped with the ease of networking!