Options

1760 Mounting Question

SeenSeen Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can I put rack brackets on the back of a 1760 router or not? I was planning on rear-mounting my routers and front-mounting my switches so I don't have cables going from the back of my rack to the front.

Comments

• Options
    sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    The 1760 has all the sockets on the front of it so you'll want to front mount it
  • Options
    Ok Thanks. I guess I could just front-mount the routers and rear-mount the switches and turn the rack around then ;)
  • Options
    Seen wrote: »
    Ok Thanks. I guess I could just front-mount the routers and rear-mount the switches and turn the rack around then ;)

?

You can chose where the rack ears screw in to on the routers & switches.
    I mount my switches & 1760's with the ears at the front then mount the 2600's with the ears screwed at the back so the rear is showing (but all lined up).

See my post in the "post you lab" thread for pics
  • Options
    saspro, I know you can put the ears for the switches and 2600s at the back, but I didn't think you could put the ears in the back for the 1760?

For my CCNA lab, I figure I'll be messing with the connections on the back of routers a lot, so I wanted to put the ears on the back of those for easy access, and on the front of the switches. This is my first rack build, so if I'm missing something please let me know.
  • Options
    For my CCNA lab, I figure I'll be messing with the connections on the back of routers a lot, so I wanted to put the ears on the back of those for easy access, and on the front of the switches. This is my first rack build, so if I'm missing something please let me know.

I'm a tad confused with this.

The 1760 has the console, lan & wic/vic slots on the front of it so you'd mount it like a switch (i.e. ears on the front with the front showing).
    The only thing on the back of the 1760 is the power input.

For 2600's then you'd mount them "backwards"

I'll upload a picture of my rack so you can see
  • Options
    updatedrack.jpg

The 1760 is the 6th box down mounted "front out".
    There's a 2620XM underneath it mounted "back out"
  • Options
    Got it, the picture helps. I don't know why I thought the WICs went in the back, I'm sure I would've figured it out when mine comes in the mail tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Got it, the picture helps. I don't know why I thought the WICs went in the back, I'm sure I would've figured it out when mine comes in the mail tomorrow :)

Most Cisco routers have the WIC's in the back. the 1760's have them in the front. Remember with the 1760 that only the left 2 slots are WIC's the other 2 are VIC only