Options

Audio Card Problem

computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
My sound randomly starts sounding like a robot that's slurring it words. (that's the best way to describe it.)

Here's my driver information:

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (driver provider)

7/28/2009 (driver date)

6.0.1.5904 (driver version)

I went to device manager and it said my driver is up to date.
There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You will probably find that your CPU is maxing out when this occurs and your motherboard is not keeping up with your sound chip needs. The only solution is a separate audio card and not use the one on your motherboard. The independent sound card typically are bus masters and handle their own data needs. This is the reason that Creative Labs and other sound card makers still have decent sales for gamer systems.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    Ok, thanks for your response shadow.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My sound randomly starts sounding like a robot that's slurring it words. (that's the best way to describe it.)

Here's my driver information:

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (driver provider)

7/28/2009 (driver date)

6.0.1.5904 (driver version)

I went to device manager and it said my driver is up to date.
    There may not be a newer driver on Windows Update, but there is likely a newer one available directly from Realtek.
    Realtek Downloads
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    TheShadow wrote: »
    You will probably find that your CPU is maxing out when this occurs and your motherboard is not keeping up with your sound chip needs. The only solution is a separate audio card and not use the one on your motherboard. The independent sound card typically are bus masters and handle their own data needs. This is the reason that Creative Labs and other sound card makers still have decent sales for gamer systems.

Creative Labs only sells cards to a select few gamers nowadays and anything else to audiophiles that work on some kind of audio projects regularly. Otherwise, they don't sell much of anything anymore since onboard audio has essentially removed the need for anyone to need a sound card, games have stopped supporting EAX, a few still buy their headsets and no one buys their MP3 players anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't around in 5 years since they continue to lose revenue.

The OP needs to see if newer drivers are available. Device manager's info doesn't mean squat.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???