Options

strange hostname resolve issue

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have two dyndns hostnames that resolve to an incorrect address ( 208.69.32.145) but those hosts resolve correctly when I RDP into a computer on another network using the same dns sever (I'm using nslookup with 8.8.4.4). The only explanation that I found so far is the possiblity that my ISP is intercepting all DNS lookups.

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clear the DNS cache at both locations and try again. Let us know the results.
  • Options
    I figured out what happened. I found out that the Advanced DNS feature on my router causes the router to use dlink's DNS server's (so 208.69.32.145 is actually a dlink name server) and that the router itself intercepts DNS lookups and forwards those requests to the DNS servers listed on the router. I simply unchecked the Enable Advanced DNS Service feature and cleared out the two DNS server check boxes so now the router uses TWC's name servers. All is well now.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very good. Glad you got it figured out. :)
  • Options
    Now I'm trying to figure out why my ddns hosts IP addresses won't update using the router client, the dyndns client on the router says that the ddns has been updated but its not showing the updated IP addresses on the hosts list. The PC clients works though.