Options

Darill's 302 book is out!

Jason RJason R Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just noticed darill released the 302 book. Can't wait to read it. =)

Comments

• Options
    effektedeffekted Member Posts: 166
    They should just charge the extra $25-30 and include his book with the voucher :)
  • Options
    On Darill's website further down it says.....The full CompTIA Security+:Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide isn't available yet. So is the one being sold not complete as of it?
  • Options
    arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jason R wrote: »
    On Darill's website further down it says.....The full CompTIA Security+:Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide isn't available yet. So is the one being sold not complete as of it?

On the 3rd of Novemeber, Darril rejected the published demo due to some errors he found with the publication. The corrected one is available now and I just ordered it. Looking forward to it. I ordered his 201 book and it was an extremely good read. Im sure this updated version will be as awesome. But Ill let you guys know!
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I posted about this the other day. On Darril's blog there is a 40% off code. Ordered my copy, be here in a few weeks. Kindle version not due for around 60 days.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Anyone know if the 302 is harder than the 301, or is it just refocusing a couple objectives?
  • Options
    arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jason R wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Anyone know if the 302 is harder than the 301, or is it just refocusing a couple objectives?

I think you mean 301 vs 201? If so, then you should read Darril's link below. There are many changes. I myself have read Darril's 201 book and then im reading Darril's 301 book before taking the exam. I hope that helps...

Security+ SY0-201 and SY0-301 Differences
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    I posted about this the other day. On Darril's blog there is a 40% off code. Ordered my copy, be here in a few weeks. Kindle version not due for around 60 days.

Do you have the link?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Do you have the link?

CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Version
    As a favor to the many people that have shown so much interest in this update, I’m making it available at a reduced introductory price. For a short introductory period, I'm offering the book with a special discount of 40% off. That's a whopping $14.80 off the list price of $36.99.

$25.78 with standard shipping.
  • Options
    tsmith182tsmith182 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just bought mine, cant wait to get it!
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I really hope that he doesn't charge folks $9.99 for this book when it's out on Kindle. Seriously, all of you guys who bought it for that price know that it was worth at least double and a half that much.

(I am still just hating because I had paid full price before he dropped the price.... :D )
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    All,

Thanks for spreading the word on this book. I really appreciate it. I know the CreateSpace site gives long lead times on shipping, but they don't really take that long. I ordered some books for the technical editors and CreateSpace originally indicated it would take a couple of weeks with the standard shipping, but then I received emails with UPS tracking information and the books are being delivered today, only four days after I ordered them. All of you that ordered them recently should get them soon.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    ill be getting some, well more than some about 25~40 depending on the class size and what the school will use but i ve been telling them to wait on your book

and your up late or really early
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Darril--

I plan on purchasing your book soon and am excited for the read ahead!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    ill be getting some, well more than some about 25~40 depending on the class size and what the school will use but i ve been telling them to wait on your book
    and your up late or really early

Excellent. I know many instructors have been teaching with the 201 book and have expressed an interest in using the 301 book too. You may like to check out this page Instructor Resources - Get Certified Get Ahead for instructor resources.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • Options
    Darril wrote: »
    All,

Thanks for spreading the word on this book. I really appreciate it. I know the CreateSpace site gives long lead times on shipping, but they don't really take that long. I ordered some books for the technical editors and CreateSpace originally indicated it would take a couple of weeks with the standard shipping, but then I received emails with UPS tracking information and the books are being delivered today, only four days after I ordered them. All of you that ordered them recently should get them soon.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day

Ordered mine on the 13th, shipped today and will probably be here by monday. (Will update when I get it)

UPDATE: It arrived today. So ordered the 13th, shipped on the 16th, and arrived on the 18th. Not too bad at all for $3 in shipping.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Awesome! thanks for the tip, will go order one of these now.