Options

Server 2008 R2 Question

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys can you run Server 2008 R2 virtually from within Windows 7 ultimate or do you have to have it running from Server 2008 / R2 using Hyper V server

Many Thanks
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    As long as you have a license for it then you can run it from vmware player/server or virtual PC from inside Win 7.
    Just make sure VT is enabled in your BIOS
  • Options
    How can you guys possibly learn about it if you don't have access to a license or cannot afford one lol is there some kind of trail edition?

• Options
    sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    ally_uk wrote: »
    How can you guys possibly learn about it if you don't have access to a license or cannot afford one lol is there some kind of trail edition?

Download the trial from Microsoft's website
  • Options
    How long does the trial last and more importantly is there any way to take a capture of the configuration once you have it all up and running i.e so you don't have to start over again when you reconfigure

Many Thanks these may be noob questions sorry if they are

• Options
    mctwistmctwist Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The evaluation version I'm seeing here (Try Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial) is good for 180 days, so you get 6 months.

On another note, even if the evaluation is for a shorter time, count any reinstall ou reconfiguration as additional practice.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ally_uk wrote: »
    How long does the trial last and more importantly is there any way to take a capture of the configuration once you have it all up and running i.e so you don't have to start over again when you reconfigure

Many Thanks these may be noob questions sorry if they are

Repetition. That's how you become proficient at most things.