70-640 ?

xhatafxxhatafx Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am planning to sit for 70-640 exam, therefore looking for some directions,

I was going through MS Press, Configuring WIndows Server 2008 AD, 2nd Edition and McGraw Hill The Complete Reference MS Windows Server 2008. But I realized that I had to make my self familiar with basic terminologies like forest, global catalog, tree, OU but I could not find any explanations in these books. May I know, are these books for someone more experienced as I don't have basic knowlodge of AD terminologies. What books you guys will advice in my case.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book is a great resource that covers a lot of information and provides a nice "big picture" viewpoint and best practices. It's also updated for the new R2 content as a bonus that will be on the 70-640.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • xhatafxxhatafx Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Pishof,
    I will soon go through the mentioned book.
  • trikitriki Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pishof wrote: »
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book is a great resource that covers a lot of information and provides a nice "big picture" viewpoint and best practices. It's also updated for the new R2 content as a bonus that will be on the 70-640.

This book is awesome I am a Cisco guy never really liked Microsoft stuff because I could never really grasp the concept until I stated reading this book. Pishof do you have any more recommendation for a new comer studying the mcitp track