Options

Neuromancer

WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
I consider this technology related, because its a book about hacking, cyberspace, etc.

Well anyway I just started reading the book Neuromancer and like it so far, but find it sometimes hard to follow. I understand the main story line, but sometimes ill find myself lost on whats going on. He doesn't really define alot of the things he makes up, you kind of just have to figure out what they are as you read along.

Has anybody else read this book? What are your thoughts? No spoilers though, since I am only about 35% through the book.

Jeff
Never stop learning.

Comments

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    One of my top five books of all time. I've read through it at least a dozen times. All of Gibson's stuff is amazing but this is his best. The world is so vivid, I can always imagine the neon lights of the sprawl. Check out All Tomorrow's Parties. My 2nd fav Gibson book.
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read the first book and thought it was great. Just need to find the others now. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I read it the year after it came out. Some very interesting concepts for the time. It didn't impress me that Gibson took the concept of "jacking in" from an old episode of Space:1999. I thought the use of the word "cyber" made the book sound moldy, but it ended up modernized the meaning of the word, and nothing has done the same for "cyber" since.

INVISIBLE SPOILER: And I didn't understand why he included the s-e-x scene, as it added nothing to the story or character development. Maybe It was to show that some part of Molly was still human.