Options

So what next?

wilsonianwilsonian Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Recently I passed the final exam (IPS V7.0) to enable the CCSP / CCNP Security certification. Originally I started this track because the company I worked for required a CCSP for some Cisco merit badge, unfortunately for me the company went belly up and I moved to a tech support team that deals mainly with SMPF and EFM line faults - nothing secure or even cisco about them (from a Layer 1 point of view). The problem that now faces me is do I try to look around for a junior Security Officer position and maybe look into the CCSA or perhaps keep with Cisco and do my Route course. The CCNA & CCSP are all I have in the ways of IT certs and TBH getting work exp on security systems is hard enough. What are peoples thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• Options
    wilsonianwilsonian Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    80 views and no comments? icon_sad.gif

Anyway, I think I've made my mind up and will do the Route course but keep a foot in the security by doing the odd lab to keep me sharp.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would do a search on the forums , topics like this are usually asked repeatedly that some members might not have to time to repeat themselves. I know I contribute to a "view" but mostly I am on my phone and dont like posting on the mobile site with my phone since it takes a while.