Options

laptop DVD drive doesn't burn any DVDs. help!

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am gonna blow up my mind this time. I experience really hard times with my CD/DVD drive on my toshiba laptop. I almost
stirred all web pages about my drive. It's full name : TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device

This drive can read CDs, DVDs but doesn't burn files on my computer to the DVD-R. I do not have any idea what i should do.
I had burned files into many DVD-R's as well as copying from one to another DVD while i do this on my desktop computer with Sony DVD drive. But, i can not do the same it on my laptop.

Here is the screenshot regarding the message once i try to burn into those DVD-Rs

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Please do something in order to save me off this trouble.
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Try this software, it works for us at work and I use it on my home computers as well

Free Easy CD DVD Burner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Update the DVD drives Firmware.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    baanestadbaanestad Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is that a Toshiba thing? I've had my laptop since 2009 and at different times I had this same issue... At some point I downloaded a converter and then a program that burns DVDs (Nero wasn't working, neither was Windows Media Center and every other one I tried) and it worked..... And now I'm back to the same problem again. Bugger! icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Open computer-> right click on DVD and see if it is set to copy files to the DVD. You may still have some buffered files from long past waiting to be written by Vista??? looks like it. This will keep any other program from recognizing the drive as a writable device. Vista turns on that system option by default; some crappy code that they from roxio that breaks across boots for packet writing. You can turn it off on that right click menu as I recall.

Other than that... I got nothin
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I ran into the same trouble you were in a few months ago. I bought 100-pack of Verbatim DVDs, and I noticed my burning software (ImgBurn) didn't burn properly. I didn't upgrade the program at all, and I dunno what changed. I thought Verbatim was the best one out there. So, after 5-7 unsuccessful burns, I thought my drive stops working properly until I decided to give my other known-to-work DVD a try. It was successful. So, I wondered if DVDs are produced slightly different from each other in general. After doing some google search, I learned DVDs made in certain location aren't as great as the other manufacturers oversea even though they are the same brand. So I decided to give my new DVDs a try with lower speed, and it was successful. Since then, I never change the speed and left it there. It has been successful so far after about 20 burns.

So you may want to try selecting the next available speed right below the speed printed on your DVDs to see if that works.