Options

An Idea for the forum that I would like to share

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have an idea that I would like to share that I think would be a huge help for people such as my self who are not only trying to learn the material of any given exam, but how to apply it in real world situations. Let me start by explaining my situation. I am at the beginning of my quest for certs, I am currently about half way done with studying for my 70-680. I have 0 real world professional IT expirience allthough I believe that it is safe to say that I know more about computers,specifically Windows than the average person. I plan on getting my MCTS cert first in hopes of getting a helpdesk or other low level IT position just to get my feet wet and then pursuing my MCTIP and other network certs to get in to networking which is what I really want to do. I have installed VMware on my machine, along with Windows AIK in hopes of creating an at home lab to reproduce a network type setting. My problem is that I am having trouble finding real world scenarios that can put my new found knowledge to the test. Anyways, I digress, here is my idea. A high ranking member of this forum, perhaps a moderator creates a Post (that would ideally be stickied) called scenarios, or something of the like, in this post, the creator presents four or five detailed scenarios or desired outcomes that pertain to the specific cert of that section. Other members could then read, and attempt these scenarios at home and post in detail how they achieved their goal and possibly even post screenshots. The scenarios could be switched up on a weekly basis and members who have achieved the cert already or just feel that they are knowledgable in the subject could PM scenario ideas to the post creator, as well as give feedback to those who have attempted and posted their solutions to the scenarios given. To go one step further you could even categorize the scenarios to be dependant on what software or capabilities the users have on their machine, AIK, Active directory, etc. Anyways, this is just an idea that I thought I would share with the community as well as something that I think that myself and others could bennefit a great deal from. Thanks for reading!!!
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments