Options

Offer letter:

Guys, I just found out that my offer letter included a statement thats says- You may be required to work evenings, Saturday and Sundays as part of your normal work schedule and I also have 12 public holidays? These doesn't make sense..

what do you guys think?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    And, I'm salaried.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    Does it say you are exempt or nonexempt? If exempt, you may have to work weekends and won't get overtime pay. It (overtime) may not happen, they are just doing a "cya".

The 12 holidays is probably just a benefit they give.
  • Options
    Does it say you are exempt or nonexempt? If exempt, you may have to work weekends and won't get overtime pay. It (overtime) may not happen, they are just doing a "cya".

The 12 holidays is probably just a benefit they give.

Non Exempt. Are you saying they will get rid of me soon or what?
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    This is the norm for any salary position I have worked in. They are letting you know that if the Shite hits the fan you may need to come in at night or on the weekends to fix an issue. Usually with a salaried postion you get paid more than hourly hour to hour but are expected to work overtime when needed to finish projects because of the amount you are being paid.
  • Options
    This is the norm for any salary position I have worked in. They are letting you know that if the Shite hits the fan you may need to come in at night or on the weekends to fix an issue. Usually with a salaried postion you get paid more than hourly hour to hour but are expected to work overtime when needed to finish projects because of the amount you are being paid.

I get paid in the upper 40's
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    jamesbrown wrote: »

I think what he is trying to say is they are letting you know you may have to work some overtime otherwise if you are not willing to do that they may not want you. I would just talk with them about it. They are the only ones who can explain exactly what is meant by the offer.
  • Options
    I think what he is trying to say is they are letting you know you may have to work some overtime otherwise if you are not willing to do that they may not want you. I would just talk with them about it. They are the only ones who can explain exactly what is meant by the offer.

thank you man
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    jamesbrown wrote: »

He should have capitalized "CYA" as it means something completely different than how you interpretted it. Heh
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    QHalo wrote: »
    He should have capitalized "CYA" as it means something completely different than how you interpretted it. Heh

Haha yeah. It's amazing how the same abbreviation can have two entirely different meanings.
  • Options
    Haha yeah. It's amazing how the same abbreviation can have two entirely different meanings.
    yeah, it does.