Options

802.1x port-based authentication

sdk200eightsdk200eight Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am doing a project on 802.1x port-based authentication (EAP-MD5/TLS/PEAP). I have a doubt regarding the network traffic analyzer "Qcheck" used for network analysis. How shall I find the authentication time for the EAP methods such as MD5/PEAP/TLS? I have installed Qcheck. For example, When I select a method EAP-PEAP. I start the Qcheck on Client (WinXP). When I login into the network with username/password, at the same time I start Qcheck to check the response time. But after successful login (authentication) it shows a error message (The error message is attached with this post). After few seconds when the connection is established I again check the response time, now it shows (1ms) but I need to know how much time it took for the authentication process. I know it should be less than a second. If you anyone as got any information regarding the software please let me know, I just want to know the authentication time required for all the three methods (MD5/PEAP/TLS).icon_wink.gif

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Details: (Wired connection)
Authenticator : CISCO 3560
Authentication Server: IAS (Win 2003 SP2)
Supplicant: WinXP SP2

Regards,

Sourabh Dhamapurkar
M.S in Electrical Engineering (Networks & Security)

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try enabling the debugs on the switch and use that. Turn on service timestamps log datetime msc and debug dot1x packets and you should be able to see the difference between the send/receive packets to the Authentication server. Another method you could use is to span the port that the client is on to another port with a device running wireshark or some other sniffer and find the RTT that way.
    The only easy day was yesterday!