Options

Creating apple ID for itunes.

wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just purchased an ipod touch 4g for my kid, first apple device for me.
I created an account to be able to download from the app store, but when I try to verify the account I keep getting the message:
This email address is already in use or you may already have an Apple ID associated with this email address. Please try again or sign in using your existing Apple ID.

I used a new e-mail ID and 1000% sure it was not used for apple id before.

I tried to google the problem but found no solution, any itunes experts can help me with this?

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    somebody is using your email address, have you tried the "forgot your password" link to reset it just in case another family member used it?
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to call Apple. They have a very good support center.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    No body is using my ID, I tried 4 different e-mail addresses, I did reset the password several times, I can login but it will ask me to verify my password.

We do not have a local Apple call center, I did send them a mail, waiting for reply.
  • Options
    After several hours of retrying, it finally worked!

Thanks all
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    After several hours of retrying, it finally worked!
    What was the issue? It's nice to note on here in case someone else has the same problem.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    no idea, it just worked.

maybe there activation takes time, I opened the verification mail again, clicked the link, typed mail ID and password and it verified the account!