Options

How much longer will MCSE 2003 be around?

DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know when MCSE 2003 will not be available anymore? I went to this site
Microsoft Certification Exam Development l New Certification Exams l Discontinued IT Exams
but it is about expired exams. I only have 298 left to get my MCSE. I thought I remember someone say June 2011icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh, I just looked in
    [h=2]MCSA/MCSE: Security[/h]
    Exams 70-227, 70-298, 70-299, 70-350

and there is the same question as mine. June 2012
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    DOS wrote: »
    Does anyone know when MCSE 2003 will not be available anymore? I went to this site
    Microsoft Certification Exam Development l New Certification Exams l Discontinued IT Exams
    but it is about expired exams. I only have 298 left to get my MCSE. I thought I remember someone say June 2011icon_confused.gif:
    That site is the only authoritative source for when Microsoft exams are being retired. Short of asking someone who works for Microsoft Learning, (and they can't tell you,) you have to go by what's listed there. The core MCSA/MCSE exams on Windows Server 2003 will probably be around for a while longer, seeing as how the OS is still being used in production networks all around the world. (Of course, that doesn't mean you should rest on your laurels, that MCITP: EA is out there, calling your name. icon_lol.gif )

As for the "someone" that said something, check with Microsoft before trusting gossip about these exams. Usually serves you better, and allows you to put at ease the minds of friends and co-workers who may have the same question.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.