Options

Data Recovery

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Hey guys,

What software do you guys use for data recovery?

Here is my situation, I used to have Windows 7 on my netbook with files I created last year. Several months ago I installed Ubuntu then last week Backtrack 5. Now, I just remember that there is some files I need to get, but the Windows 7 that was installed was gone now. I currently have backtrack 5 installed as an OS. (I'm using it to practice nmap)

Is there a way to recover my files?

Thanks
thm
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    thehourman wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What software do you guys use for data recovery?

Here is my situation, I used to have Windows 7 on my netbook with files I created last year. Several months ago I installed Ubuntu then last week Backtrack 5. Now, I just remember that there is some files I need to get, but the Windows 7 that was installed was gone now. I currently have backtrack 5 installed as an OS. (I'm using it to practice nmap)

Is there a way to recover my files?

Thanks
    thm
    I use good backups :) (Crashplan). Try Testdisk - TestDisk - CGSecurity
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Lol...installed BT5 just for Nmap icon_lol.gif

You know BT5 can live boot, or you can get Nmap as a stand-alone utility?
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Lol...installed BT5 just for Nmap icon_lol.gif

You know BT5 can live boot, or you can get Nmap as a stand-alone utility?
    I know that. For now I just want to learn how to use nmap, and there are some stuff that came with BT5 that I want to try as well. Why I installed it as an OS? I want to learn those other security software once I learn how to use nmap cli.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold