Options

2012 CCIE lab takers

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Im taking the lab summer 2012.

Any other takers next year?

Comments

• Options
    tearofstearofs Member Posts: 112
    Possible toward the end of 2012, we will see...
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Perhaps.... Very late 2012 if so.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    My goal is August 2012. It's an ambitious goal ... I'm in the early stages of studying theory and planning my study/lab schedule.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I just finished my last cert for the job this week. Hope to have have the written done by april and december setup for a attempt.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Im hoping December 2012
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Late feb 2012 for me. Me and my fiancee are having another child in late may, early june so that basically leaves me with 2 shots to get this thing done before the arrival of the little one.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    End of the year 2012. 1st i have to get my written asap.

My homelab is almost ready.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    I just finished my last cert for the job this week. Hope to have have the written done by april and december setup for a attempt.

I have high hopes for you, but I can see how engaged you have been in the field since you started your job. It's just not been practical for you to focus on CCIE studies this year. Lets hope 2012 gives you the gap to study. Me too hopefully!
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I was hoping in May 2012, but I may have to push it to June or July.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I plan to take the written next spring. For the lab, i doubt i could be ready for winter 2012 even if i usually study for 15+ hours a week. But since the fail ratio is about 75 or 80%, i might give it a try anyway for experience purposes.
  • Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    I'm aiming for June 2012
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would love to, but i'll probably do the CCIP to fill in the gaps a bit before I start my run at it. I'm finishing the NP in Feb hopefully and spending most of 2012 on the CCIP. I anticipate doing the written late in 2012 and then taking a shot at the Lab in 2013 with repeats in 2014.

I'm hoping to fill in a lot of the gaps in my job as an SP NetEngineer since we do voice, video and public routing. I've gotten pretty strong on MPLS and we do IPTV so I get to do production multicast over an MPLS core a good bit as well. CCIE has been a dream of mine since I got into IT in '98 (the golden years of IT..hehe) and I'm finally in an environment where I'm exposed to incredibly large and complex networks, so I feel like i've actually got a shot at it.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    vinbuck wrote: »
    I would love to, but i'll probably do the CCIP to fill in the gaps a bit before I start my run at it. I'm finishing the NP in Feb hopefully and spending most of 2012 on the CCIP. I anticipate doing the written late in 2012 and then taking a shot at the Lab in 2013 with repeats in 2014.

I'm hoping to fill in a lot of the gaps in my job as an SP NetEngineer since we do voice, video and public routing. I've gotten pretty strong on MPLS and we do IPTV so I get to do production multicast over an MPLS core a good bit as well. CCIE has been a dream of mine since I got into IT in '98 (the golden years of IT..hehe) and I'm finally in an environment where I'm exposed to incredibly large and complex networks, so I feel like i've actually got a shot at it.

Sounds like you get some very good exposure at work. You have a good study plan. Concentrate on work when you have excellent exposure and the CCIE gilt edges things and will come in time. Too many CCIE's have very mundane exposure at work. Overqualified and left behind.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Still hoping for a 2012 date, but it might be later 2012 versus mid-2012 as I had originally planned. I am seriously considering running for a local elected position, which would take a considerable amount of time away from my studies. But, we'll see.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    late 2012.
    I cant rush a $1500 test since there's so much to learn.
    I talked to 3 CCIE's last night and they all failed the first attempt. They told me to just take it and get it out of the way. lol

I'm expecting to fail my first attempt. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    late 2012.
    I cant rush a $1500 test since there's so much to learn.
    I talked to 3 CCIE's last night and they all failed the first attempt. They told me to just take it and get it out of the way. lol

I'm expecting to fail my first attempt. icon_cry.gif

I have worked with 4 CCIE's, all very sharp guys, really good people you want to work with. None of them passed first time.

Dont fail your first attempt. Just spend $200 on a mock exam and get the crap kicked out of you. Take a couple more until you pass them then take the real thing. Much cheaper :)
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Turgon wrote: »
    I have worked with 4 CCIE's, all very sharp guys, really good people you want to work with. None of them passed first time.

Dont fail your first attempt. Just spend $200 on a mock exam and get the crap kicked out of you. Take a couple more until you pass them then take the real thing. Much cheaper :)

Yeah there were all technical and telling me that they don't know a lot even though they were like Rockstars to me. The 2 of them have 10yrs experience as a CCIE and the other one just passed.

I know I have a free mock exam after Narbik's bootcamp next year. I'll see how much I get destroyed on that. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I want to be a CCIE. The first in Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I'll probably take it in Spring 2013. I want to first do CCIP and get a Bachelor's of Science in IT @ WGU before I tackle it.

So far I have most of my hardware lab equipment and a powerful laptop to do virtual labs.

But my main reason to pursue the cert is after my new-born daughter was born with congenital heart disease, I definitely felt like I need to seize life more. You never know when your time is going to come or what will happen. But if I never achieve the cert, it's probably because I was spending the time with my princess.