Options

Got hired out of the blue!!!!

I've been working for a medium sized IT company (600-800 PC's) to support along with servers, networks, exchange, backups etc.

Been wanting to make a move... Applied for a position with a larger company sometime in Feb. of this year. Got the interview almost a month later. Felt great about the interview but was passed up for the job. icon_sad.gif

A new position became available, I applied, got the call yesterday that I was selected!!!! They didn't even interview again.

Super excited. It's only part time, but that's what I wanted because I can go to WGU.

PS: Not sure how this ended up in general certification....? I posted it in the job section... can mods move it please?
WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    congrats
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    redline5th wrote: »
    PS: Not sure how this ended up in general certification....? I posted it in the job section... can mods move it please?
    Done. And congratulations!
  • Options
    ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    Congrats! It feels great to work in IT doesn't it?
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    Congrats! Must have made an impression! Glad to hear you got exactly what your looking for. GL
  • Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Done. And congratulations!

Thanks!! :)

I appreciate the kind words. I'm pretty stoked! It's a pretty basic entry level IT position, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm excited to have my foot in the door with this company.
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Way to go! I'm seeing a trend in the IT industry now of companies hiring 20-30 hrs/week part-timers and keeping the good ones. It used to be that companies would hire whomever they could get for full-time positions, but that's not the case anymore with most IT jobs. Now companies want to find long-term employees from their short-term part-time pool. Get in there and work your butt off and you can have a solid career with them. I did the same thing with my current position... came in as part-time and got hired on full-time after seven weeks. Now they're training me up for bigger and better things. If you get lazy and complacent, it might not work out... if you work hard and be smart then it may be golden. Good luck!