Options

Testing at 2 different locations?

ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to take my Essentials exam this Wednesday. Unfortunately, that's the only day offered until February by the only testing center that's even relatively close (80mi).

Does anyone know if I would be able to take my Practical Applications exam in a different testing center?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ImTheKing wrote: »
    I want to take my Essentials exam this Wednesday. Unfortunately, that's the only day offered until February by the only testing center that's even relatively close (80mi).

Does anyone know if I would be able to take my Practical Applications exam in a different testing center?

Thanks

If 80 miles away is the closest, where would you take the other exam?

Can you take them both Wednesday? One of the reasons I'm a fan of taking the tests together (in addition to if you are troubleshooting in the field, one needs to understand the concepts wholely.

And yes, you will have an Candidate ID # when you register, so when you register for your second exam (regardless of the exam) example: If you took the Sec+ in Chicago, but 6 months later took the Net+ in Atlanta, your candidate ID is how those two exams would be united on your transcript. In your case, you want to split Part I and Part II, so they are two different exams tied to your candidate ID....but you will not hold the title of A+ until the 2nd exam is passed (small potatoes really).

Check with your testing center. Some will permit a wait list to notify you if someone cancels. Otherwise, simply call them to confirm they are 100% full. Unless it is an extremely busy center...they may have an opening. Also, check both Prometric and Vue locations...we have some buried within 'universities' so you may be permitted to take the exam through them, but again, it requires a phone call.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    If 80 miles away is the closest, where would you take the other exam?

Can you take them both Wednesday? One of the reasons I'm a fan of taking the tests together (in addition to if you are troubleshooting in the field, one needs to understand the concepts wholely.

And yes, you will have an Candidate ID # when you register, so when you register for your second exam (regardless of the exam) example: If you took the Sec+ in Chicago, but 6 months later took the Net+ in Atlanta, your candidate ID is how those two exams would be united on your transcript. In your case, you want to split Part I and Part II, so they are two different exams tied to your candidate ID....but you will not hold the title of A+ until the 2nd exam is passed (small potatoes really).

Check with your testing center. Some will permit a wait list to notify you if someone cancels. Otherwise, simply call them to confirm they are 100% full. Unless it is an extremely busy center...they may have an opening. Also, check both Prometric and Vue locations...we have some buried within 'universities' so you may be permitted to take the exam through them, but again, it requires a phone call.

Unfortunately all the other centers are about 250mi away from me. That's mainly why I wanted to take my A+ Essentials real quick (I hadn't had the opportunity to refresh on the Practical concepts), but I suppose I could try taking the 2nd part as well.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Ended up taking both tests this morning and passed both no problems, for the most part. Second exam tripped me up a bit since I didn't have much of a chance to review. Just gotta remember that there is a right answer, a wrong answer, and the CompTIA answer. :< I actually already held the A+ but my new employer wanted me to retake it (I had taken the test in 2003).

Anyway, thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ImTheKing wrote: »
    Ended up taking both tests this morning and passed both no problems, for the most part. Second exam tripped me up a bit since I didn't have much of a chance to review. Just gotta remember that there is a right answer, a wrong answer, and the CompTIA answer. :< I actually already held the A+ but my new employer wanted me to retake it (I had taken the test in 2003).

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Good work!

And congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?