CCNA Wireless Lab Rental

nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
I have found a few CCIE Wireless lab rentals, but not any CCNA Wireless labs. Does anyone have experience using any or know of any. The ones I found that were geared specifically for CCNA/W seemed to be dead.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    The CCIE:W Racks might be best bet if you don't have access to the equipment. (Although it will be overkill for what you will need it for, way overkill)

In my opinion it would possible to pass this exam by reading a WLC Config, and the CCNA:W Official Exam book. CCNA:W was to date the easiest Cisco test I've taken.

Do you work with Wireless or are you just interested in it?
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Thanks, my new job will involve wireless. I had read that lab time was not a requirement, but being the uber geek that I am....
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Depending how in-depth you are going to be working with Wireless, I really recommend picking up the CWNA book from CWNP, and maybe the CWTS depending on your previously wireless experience. The CWNA covers a lot of a great topics in reference to RF and the 802.11 standards. CWTS is kind of a beginners guide for Wi-Fi it doesn't go as in depth of CWNA but if you've never worked with Wi-Fi before, I'd read the CWTS book then read the CWNA.

As far as working with Cisco equipment I'd read the WLC config guide for the relevant software version you are running at your position, you will learn a lot more about Cisco Wireless by reading that then tackling the CCNA:W
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The CCNA Wireless exam emphasizes a lot on Cisco equipment (namely the controllers). It's not a good way to learn wireless as a technology, in my opinion. That said, you can pass the test without renting a lab. I agree about the CWNA - probably the better route if you really want to learn wireless technology instead of vendor-specific emphasis. I'd also capture 802.11 frames for study using either Linux and a supported 802.11 card or buy an AirPcap adapter for Windows.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/