Options

Question about scheduling and payment. Please help!

strifetoestrifetoe Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, you've all been very helpful many times before. Just a quick question. I am wanting to take the Security+ 201 exam sometime after christmas, thinking December 26-31st. However, there are two problems. I'm not sure where/what website to schedule the test at, or if I should try an individual testing center, AND payment. I'd like to schedule now but online they want me to pay now and frankly that isn't possible at this moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Your first stop should be here: Taking the Test. You need to locate a testing center that is convenient for you through either Prometric or Pearson Vue. In order to schedule the exam you must pay first. There's no way around this. If you wait closer to the test date you want, you will run the risk of the local testing center being unavailable. You options are to either pay now so you can schedule it and guarantee the date or wait and pay later but you risk the center being full. Choose your poison.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Just to add a little to cyberguypr's post, with the last day to take the SY0-201 exam being December 31st, there are likely to be many people trying to squeeze in this exam at the last minute, so testing centers that don't usually fill up may run out of space. Testers that wait may find that they missed their chance for the SY0-201 exam.

That said, I have worked in training centers that added testing seats in situations like this. In one place, we converted a training room to a testing room creating a dozen or so additional seats. These additional seats didn't show up in the Prometric or Pearson Vue schedules, but the training center was able to schedule people to take the exam if the tester called them directly. The only way you'll know if a testing center has additional seats is by calling them directly.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • Options
    mrvl13mrvl13 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    strifetoe wrote: »
    Hi guys, you've all been very helpful many times before. Just a quick question. I am wanting to take the Security+ 201 exam sometime after christmas, thinking December 26-31st. However, there are two problems. I'm not sure where/what website to schedule the test at, or if I should try an individual testing center, AND payment. I'd like to schedule now but online they want me to pay now and frankly that isn't possible at this moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

go to prometric or comptia: from there you can set testing and payment
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Just to add a little to cyberguypr's post, with the last day to take the SY0-201 exam being December 31st, there are likely to be many people trying to squeeze in this exam at the last minute, so testing centers that don't usually fill up may run out of space. Testers that wait may find that they missed their chance for the SY0-201 exam.

Another thing to consider here is that the test is proctored by either PearsonVue or Prometric. Both of these companies proctor other tests that people are on a deadline to pass before the end of 2011.

I've also heard of results by calling if the website doesn't allow you to register.
    Decide what to be and go be it.