Options

OMG! I passed the SYO-301

6clady6clady Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Security+ exam the day before Thanksgiving and I am happy. Now its on to the SSCP! Be kind and help a sista out! Would love to know what good books that are out there to start the SSCP.

I used Darril's book for the SY0-201 to study and picked up updated tips here and there and of course this site to study my Security+ exam.

Comments

• Options
    Version4Version4 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats and welcome aboard.
  • Options
    6clady6clady Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, guys! Been a member for years and this is my first post. I simply adore this site.
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Congrats 6clady!!
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations and thanks for taking the leap to post. Glad the 201 book helped.

The SSCP is an excellent choice after the Security+ and here are a couple of blog entries you may like:

This one gives an overview of the exam:
    Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) Certification
    This one identifies the changes that go into effect Feb 1, 2012:
    Changes to (ISC)2 SSCP

Also, this site has a forum combining SSCP and CISSP topics you might like to browse:
    (ISC)² SSCP and CISSP Forums

Best of luck

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD