failed my first attemp this month..

honohono Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

After one year of hard study, I failed my first attemp...

The lab day was very difficult, the stress was a big factor...

Before the lab, we waited half hour, on the hall of Cisco at Bruxelles, nobody spoke...

When the lab started, I lost 20 mns to decrease my stress and I didn't have time to finish the first part (troobleshouting),solved 8 tickets, but just 7 validated (8 for pass),

For the Config part, It was also a little to short for pass,

It remains for me to continue studying,

I already booked for second shot on february, I hope this time is the good ....
Daniel
CCIE R&S

Comments

• reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Sorry to hear that man. I know you've studied very hard. Second time will be the charm for you.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Never mind Daniel. Most people fail first attempt. You put in 1255 lab hours in one year, more than I have amassed in 4.5 years which only serves to illustrate how tough this track is. Get it next time.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'll get it next time! Good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • honohono Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes,

I hope the second time will be the good,

I have more two months to working my weaknesses,

And the second time, I think that stress will be lower that first time....
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • BGPBGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe you will get the Five Digit next time ,Good Lock I believe you will get the Five Digit next time

Good Luck

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hard luck man. Im amazed at your studiy hours, my hat goes off to you. Dont be downbeat about it though, theres a reason this qualification is highly regarded as it is! good back and slay it.

Best of luck to you man! were behind you all the way!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Take a short break, hone in on any weaknesses and then go back and slay that thing!
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Take a short break, hone in on any weaknesses and then go back and slay that thing!

I already took a small break (one week),

Now, I restart studying and I have two months to working my weaknesses...before the next attemp....
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Hey Daniel... you got a good look at the lab. It's an expensive sneak peek, but if you were that close on your first try, imagine how well you'll do the next. And unquestionably the stress will be dramatically reduced.

All the best in your prep... and bonne chance in february.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
    mikearama wrote: »
    Hey Daniel... you got a good look at the lab. It's an expensive sneak peek, but if you were that close on your first try, imagine how well you'll do the next. And unquestionably the stress will be dramatically reduced.

All the best in your prep... and bonne chance in february.

I hope you're right.....and Merci for february.....
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    KEEP ROCKING OUT ... the second attempt is all you.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    You'll get it.. just keep hitting it and trying.. no matter what it takes!

Good job on your first attempt though.. hopefully you'll now what's coming now.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!