Options

Books for 70-647

I've ordered the book:
MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator Study Guide: (Exam 70-647) by Steven Johnson (Paperback - 2 Jan 2009)
MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator Study Guide: Exam 70-647: Amazon.co.uk: Steven Johnson: Books

I'm looking to get a second book, with regards R2 coverage, which of the following would be better:

MCITP Guide to Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administration (exam # 70-647) (Mcts) (Paperback) by Darril Gibson (Author)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1423902394/sr=1-13/qid=1322501507/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1322501507&sr=1-13&seller=

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-647): Windows Server Enterprise Administration, 2nd Edition Book/CD Package by David R. Miller, John Policelli, Paul Mancuso and Orin Thomas (Paperback - 5 Jul 2011)
MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit Exam 70-647 : Windows Server Enterprise Administration, 2nd Edition Book/CD Package: Amazon.co.uk: David R. Miller, John Policelli, Paul Mancuso, Orin Thomas, Ian McLean, J.C. Mackin: Books

As a second book I'm tempted to get the Darril Gibson one as I'm not massive fan of the MS Books.
Any thoughts please, in particular book choices you have.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    TechNet alone will suffice, you dont really need any books. Passed my last 6 exams using just that (and a lab of course). The Unleashed book is good however and I recommend it, although a tad dry.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Thanks for the reply.

I admire your strategy using technet but its not for me, I like to read books.

In view of the R2 stuff I've ordered the following book.

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit Exam 70-647 : Windows Server Enterprise Administration, 2nd Edition Book/CD Package: Amazon.co.uk: David R. Miller, John Policelli, Paul Mancuso, Orin Thomas, Ian McLean, J.C. Mackin: Books