Options

How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac ??

jamievennajamievenna Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello. Recently I have trouble with my new iMac and iPhone. I can successfully synced the music files from my iPhone to Mac. The question is that my contacts that are still on the iPhone - How do I get these into my Address Book on the iMac? Do you have any ideas??
Help pls!!

Comments

• Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Use iCloud to sync the contacts. You just need iOS 5 on your iPhone, and run OSX Lion on your iMac alone with iTunes 10.5. Another option (this is what I do) is I use Gmail/Google Calendar and leverage Google to keep my contacts/calendar up to date on my iPod touch and my MBP. But iCloud probably is your best bet.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    ParsonsJemParsonsJem Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    there is an even simpler way if you do not have IOS5, simply, connect iPhone to your iMac, open iTunes, and under the info tab, the very top option is to Sync Address Book. Select this and alter the setup as per your requirements and hey presto, you have fully synced contacts
  • Options
    liliyterryliliyterry Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jamievenna wrote: »
    Hello. Recently I have trouble with my new iMac and iPhone. I can successfully synced the music files from my iPhone to Mac. The question is that my contacts that are still on the iPhone - How do I get these into my Address Book on the iMac? Do you have any ideas??
    Help pls!!
    All you will need to do is the following:

1. Synchronize the contacts of the address book on the Iphone.
    2. After that you can look for merge option and click on it, or wait until you are prompted and then click on it.

Note that for you to synchronize the contacts on the Iphones address book you will need to have installed iTunes, and therefore if you have not you will need to get it and install.
    Related Reviews: How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac
This discussion has been closed.