70-169 SBS 2011 Today

Pleased to announce I passed my 10th Microsoft exam today.

The latest victim was the SBS 2011 exam (70-169). My score was a very satisfying 947.

I would say this is very good entry level exam for anyone wishing to gain a Microsoft server certification. It touches on all the key aspects of Windows server (including other technologies such as Microsoft Exchange), as well as testing you on the various wizards built in to SBS.

I’ve worked with SBS in its various versions for around 8 years, yet I learnt some very good knowledge by studying for this exam.

To fulfill my study requirements, I upgraded my Hyper-V lab server to have a 6 core CPU and 16 GB of RAM. I also used Technet to fill in any blanks.

Good luck to anyone taking this exam.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Entry level or not, you really got to know your stuff to get kinda score. Congratulations!

What's the next victim going to be?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Budzy!

I enjoyed studying for this exam myself, it was very similar to the SBS 2008 exam except for the new content and some Hyper-V bits and pieces.

Prob my fav exam since doing the exchange 2010 one! :)
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Cheers guys!
    Essendon wrote: »
    What's the next victim going to be?

Having a break now until 2012 - so my study for the first half of next year will be aimed at these two upgrade exams:
    70-649 (MCSE to 2008 TS)
    70-682 (Vista EST to Windows 7)
  • IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing, have a nice break :).
  • darrengoldsmithdarrengoldsmith Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    interesting you saying that it a good intro to microsoft server cos thats why i was thinking of doing it.
    i got a mixed response when i suggested doing it .

what is your opinion :
    im not in the industry and i havent done a server exam but if a job came up involving server 2008in a bigger enviroment could i still apply as it covers the basics
    it also includes as you know exchange and share point

below is my post

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/71635-sbs-2011-worth.html
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    I would say the SBS exam is a good starting point, now that I've done 70-169, I feel better prepared and more confident about the SA and EA tracks I'm planning on completing next year.