Options

Microsoft Vouchers

Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I need to buy some MS exam vouchers and I would like to get the ones with a Second Shot just in case...where is a legitimate and safe place that you would recommend to buy these? I can buy them directly from Prometric but they don't seem to have the Second Shot offer.

Comments

• Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Tommy_D wrote: »
    Hey all, I need to buy some MS exam vouchers and I would like to get the ones with a Second Shot just in case...where is a legitimate and safe place that you would recommend to buy these? I can buy them directly from Prometric but they don't seem to have the Second Shot offer.

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware, I don't think Microsoft / Prometric are doing the second shot vouchers at the mo.

If you work for a Microsoft Partner (or know a Partner Company), you can buy an exam pack here:
    Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment

Any other Microsoft Learning offers can be found here:
    Product Offers | Training Offers | Microsoft Learning Special Offers

The Virtualization Challenge promotion can be found here:
    Microsoft Virtualization | Microsoft Learning#

Hope this helps,

Budzy.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    As Budzy said M$ has been dead lately in regards to offers. No Second Shot, no Technet discounts, nothing. Only thing you could do is get a voucher from eBay or elsewhere that will bring the test price down a little.
  • Options
    Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bummer! Thanks guys.
  • Options
    rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Budzy wrote: »
    The Virtualization Challenge promotion can be found here:
    Microsoft Virtualization | Microsoft Learning#

Ive never seen anything like this before! Have they done many offers like this before or is it just when they are pushing a certain product?

This is an exam I have in my sights, I might juggle some things to do this one early!

Microsoft and free very rarely go together!!!
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I just took the 72-680 exam which was only $83 instead of the normal $150 for the 70-680. The 72 series is the student discount. Besides the price, there is no difference in the exam and the certificate/transcript are the same. It says that you have to present your student ID at the time you take your exam but the testing center I went to wouldn't accept my student ID because it doesn't have my signature on it. I used my Driver's License and a credit card for ID and am now certified.
  • Options
    EbeleEbele Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tommy_D wrote: »

There are really great deals on ebay. Don't focus your search on your country but on worldwide. Another good deal is MSRetake remember to check the expiry dates
  • Options
    rjs_essex wrote: »
    Ive never seen anything like this before! Have they done many offers like this before or is it just when they are pushing a certain product?

This is an exam I have in my sights, I might juggle some things to do this one early!

Microsoft and free very rarely go together!!!

I had my usual training provider check on this for me. Here's the response I got:

Oh, ok! Thanks for passing this along. I have checked our Microsoft campaign site and found the following message:
    Due to overwhelming response, this offer is no longer available.

Meh.
  • Options
    Here's a good place to start for legit vouchers:

CertGuard | Other-Legit-Sites

I bought one from gracetechsolutions.com for CompTIA and paid $165 instead of $243. Check their specials, If they have a voucher thats within 30 days of expry they will mark it way down.