Options

Passed ICND2 this morning - now CCNA!!!

wavewave Member Posts: 342
I just passed the ICND2 exam - thank goodness!!!!! Damn do I feel good now, talk about adrenalin!

I used Odom's ICND2 book and found it to be a great resource. I also used the CBT Nuggets videos but I think I wasted money on those. The level of detail is not up to scratch and I think Jeremy fluffs about to much as opposed to just getting stuck into the content.

I also used the Boson ExSim Max exams (note - these are not the Boson exams that come with the Cisco Press books). I've said this before and I'll say it again, I LOVE the ExSim max exams from Boson. I feel they really helped me to get used to doing realistic test questions. The exams that come with the ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA Flash card books from Cisco Press are either waaaaay too hard and the time constraint is ridiculous, or the questions contain errors left right and center! I don't know why Cisco Press bothered to include exams when they are whacked together like that with so little care.

Next up is CCNA Security I think, and then CCNP Switch. Still tossing up between the two, but I'm leaning towards CCNA Security.

Thank you to everyone here for your support!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! I see you wasted no time updating your cert list. That's the way to go.
  • Options
    Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck with the CCNA Security!
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Congrats! I start studying for my CCNA next week. Excellent to hear about the CBT Nuggets, I have them but won't waste my time watching them. I read through the ICND1 book of Odom's but it just doesn't quite do it for me. I will be starting into Lammle's next week. I will have to check on the exsim max tests.
  • Options
    swild wrote: »
    Congrats! I start studying for my CCNA next week. Excellent to hear about the CBT Nuggets, I have them but won't waste my time watching them. I read through the ICND1 book of Odom's but it just doesn't quite do it for me. I will be starting into Lammle's next week. I will have to check on the exsim max tests.

You'll get a discount on the exsim max exams because you bought the odom book. Have a look in the last few pages of the icnd1 book.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Wave! Way to go.
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Great news Wave!

Hopefully I will be right there with you in a few months. Going to take ICND1 in January 2012 and then hopefully ICND2 by May 2012.
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wave wrote: »

I used Odom's ICND2 book and found it to be a great resource. I also used the CBT Nuggets videos but I think I wasted money on those. The level of detail is not up to scratch and I think Jeremy fluffs about to much as opposed to just getting stuck into the content.

Next up is CCNA Security I think, and then CCNP Switch. Still tossing up between the two, but I'm leaning towards CCNA Security.

Congratulations mate!! Feels amazing hey...I'm still high on life at the moment myself, aha.

I know exactly what you mean with CBT Nuggets, Jeremy is easy to listen to, but only touches briefly on the topics...I strongly recommend using Chris Bryant's Train Signal series for anyone looking to take on the ICND2.

Also, nice post-CCNA goals, looks like we're going down the same road...I'll be interested to see how you go! :).

Congrats once again, party time! :D
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Congrats on your test! I'm taking CCNA next Wednesday. I was actually 4-5 videos from the end of CBT Nuggets, but I was able to get to it for free via job. This was kind of like my last study source, so I'm not feeling bad about anything. I'm a bit glad he's moving fast paced because considering this is a review for me, it's all coming along perfectly. I'm starting to wonder if I want to watch it on TrainSignal next.

Glad you passed man. Been feeling really good about hearing these passed stories lately, pumping me up :D.

Quick question if you don't mind, how were the sims? Also, how was your time management?
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    high five!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif So what's next on your hit list? I have about a month to get ready.
  • Options
    Without getting into any detail, I felt okay time management wise. When I clicked through and got the first question I almost had to slap myself as the adrenalin was pumping through me and I sort of froze. I ran out of time on the second two Boson ExSimMax exams but I knew from ICND1 that they cram more questions into the 75 minutes on those exams.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    wave wrote: »
    Without getting into any detail, I felt okay time management wise. When I clicked through and got the first question I almost had to slap myself as the adrenalin was pumping through me and I sort of froze. I ran out of time on the second two Boson ExSimMax exams but I knew from ICND1 that they cram more questions into the 75 minutes on those exams.

I'm gonna have to look into ExSimMax. only heard of boson from the books.

thanks
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA