Options

Ccna

BlueEyedSamuraiBlueEyedSamurai Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was finally able to get my CCNA yesterday. This was my second attempt. The last time I only missed it by a couple of points, yeah....I was crushed. So, I went back to the drawing board and spent time going over everything again and again. I practiced subnetting like crazy until I could do it in my head. My first attempt at the 816 (I took 1 + 2 separately) I panicked when I got in there because I felt as though I was going to run out of time. Especially with the simlets and subnetting questions that took extra time. This time however, I had plenty of time and barely ever looked at the clock. Being relaxed was huge for me.

Next up is Security + (kind of a work requirement thing) and then SMFE (SecurityTube Metasploit Framework Expert Certification), which I already paid for.

After those two however I am torn. It's either going to be CCNA Security or CCNP R&S. I guess I'll have a few months to decide.

Anyways, thanks to this forum. It's always nice to read other's experiences.

-Samurai
Always studying for something!

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats.

Please put up a review of the metesploit exam in the security section of this forum when you are done with it. I am kind of interested in the material and I am sure others would be as well.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Security+ is cool and a good way to ramp right up into the CCNA Security material. (there's a great deal of overlap)
  • Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Congrats!! Did you find the most time consuming part to be the sims?
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on those security exams. I think that, since you're going to be up to your ears in security-related material anyway, going for the CCNA: Security after you're done with the two required exams would be your best bet, then go for CCNP R&S.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    BlueEyedSamuraiBlueEyedSamurai Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all very much. I appreciate it.

Bl8ckr0uter - I could probably write some sort of review on the Metasploit course. It is one I am really looking forward to.

Thanks again.

-Samurai
    Always studying for something!
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

I'd also be interested in a review .
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014