Options

Free to a good home - Cisco Press CCNA Official Exam Certification Library

crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have the Cisco Press CCNA Official Exam Certification Library
Amazon.com: CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam 640-802), Third Edition (Containing ICND1 and ICND2 Second Edition Exam Certification Guides) (9781587201837): Wendell Odom: Books

I used it to self study for my CCNA exam. I have made notes in both books to correct issues from all the errata. I think both have the CDs as well.

This is free to a good home. Tell me why you want to study for the CCNA. I will pick a recipient sometime next week. Consider it a Christmas present from me to you. Just giving back to a forum I found helpful in the course of my studies.

Comments

• Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Aww, that's so nice...I'll chip in too! I'm offering
    • CCNA Certification Library (ICND1/ICND2)
    • CCNA Portable Command Guide, 2nd Edition
    • CCNA Network Associate Study Guide, 6th edition
    • Unlimited access to networking professionals worldwide via TechExam! icon_lol.gif

Have to be in the U.S (shipping purposes).

Perhaps this could be a yearly thing as members of TE move up the Cisco ladder. I'm sure by this time next year, there will be a lot more CCNA who will have moved to CCNP, and will no longer need their 'NA materials
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am interested in studying for CCNA once I complete my MCITP:EA this January. However, I insist on paying at least twice shipping cost. The materials presumably cost you money, and the time it takes to ship them certainly has value.

Let me be clear that I do not have aspirations to be a network engineer or network administrator. I am an IT consultant/field engineer/manager for a small MSP, and in my current position I wear many hats. Sometimes, this means configuring routers and switches. These routers and switches are usually Cisco, Adtran, HP Procurve, or other Cisco-like products. A CCNA will improve and validate my skills and knowledge of basic switching and routing. A CCNA will probably not increase my market value significantly, although it certainly won't hurt. My ultimate goal at this time is to eventually move into a security role, and a solid understanding of networking is absolutely critical to this, in my opinion, even if securing networking equipment will not be my focus.

I will gladly re-gift the study material back to TE members sometime between March and May, assuming that is the timeframe during which I obtain my CCNA.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the Cisco Press CCNA Official Exam Certification Library
    Amazon.com: CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam 640-802), Third Edition (Containing ICND1 and ICND2 Second Edition Exam Certification Guides) (9781587201837): Wendell Odom: Books

I used it to self study for my CCNA exam. I have made notes in both books to correct issues from all the errata. I think both have the CDs as well.

This is free to a good home. Tell me why you want to study for the CCNA. I will pick a recipient sometime next week. Consider it a Christmas present from me to you. Just giving back to a forum I found helpful in the course of my studies.

Well I plan on taking ICND1 and ICND2 soon. I work in IT but the job I have now may be coming to an end soon because its a temp job. I have taken CCNA classes years ago and took the test twice. The second time I came real close. I have a telecom background and CCNA and CCNA Voice would get me back into the atmosphere I love working in. I have CBT nuggets videos but I heard thats not enough but with the books it would be good. I also heard there are good practice tests with these books too. I have people that can hook me up with cisco related jobs that will pay me enough so that it will take a lot of financial pressure off my wife ( she just had back surgery this year) I just want to get back into the type of work I like and there are so many friendss of mine that want to learn cisco and looking up to m and I want to show other people they can do it. Thats just my little story. : ) No matter who you give it to you're doing a good thing. Peace
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    ptilsen wrote: »
    I am interested in studying for CCNA once I complete my MCITP:EA this January. However, I insist on paying at least twice shipping cost. The materials presumably cost you money, and the time it takes to ship them certainly has value.

Let me be clear that I do not have aspirations to be a network engineer or network administrator. I am an IT consultant/field engineer/manager for a small MSP, and in my current position I wear many hats. Sometimes, this means configuring routers and switches. These routers and switches are usually Cisco, Adtran, HP Procurve, or other Cisco-like products. A CCNA will improve and validate my skills and knowledge of basic switching and routing. A CCNA will probably not increase my market value significantly, although it certainly won't hurt. My ultimate goal at this time is to eventually move into a security role, and a solid understanding of networking is absolutely critical to this, in my opinion, even if securing networking equipment will not be my focus.

I will gladly re-gift the study material back to TE members sometime between March and May, assuming that is the timeframe during which I obtain my CCNA.

PM sent.

You don't have to aspire to be a network engineer to have a use for these books. Any IT professional, especially one who's in the MSP environment, should have a basic understanding of networking
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This study material would be a great addition to my daughter's library. She got back from Afghanistan in Sept, and just got accepted to Ohio State University where she is seeking a degree in IT and wants to pursue CCNA.
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    This study material would be a great addition to my daughter's library. She got back from Afghanistan in Sept, and just got accepted to Ohio State University where she is seeking a degree in IT and wants to pursue CCNA.

I'll send you a PM.

That's all folks.
  • Options
    I'll send you a PM.

That's all folks.

Actually I can't PM. Posting min limit to access PMs maybe? Any help here mods?
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Keep postin! Or have him send you a PM or drop his email address. Wish there was a way around the post count. When I first came here I wasn't able to attach images for a certain amount of time (or posts) and it was really not fun.

Anyways, thanks for doing this both to the OP and the other guy as this is a very nice gesture especially around Christmas time.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Damn, I suppose I'm too late to get in on this deal.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Actually I can't PM. Posting min limit to access PMs maybe? Any help here mods?

I tried to send a PM to crypticgeek, got an error saying "crypticgeek has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    I tried to send a PM to crypticgeek, got an error saying "crypticgeek has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Whoops, my bad! Try again!
  • Options
    Whoops, my bad! Try again!

I just did....got the same error msg.