Best practice exams to use. ICND 2

4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
Just wondering your opinions on practice exams for the ICND2. I am currently using Transcender. I want an exam that is going to be more difficult than the real thing. I used Transcender for the ICND1 exam and it was definitely more difficult. Does the same go for the ICND2?
Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

Comments

• SteakuddinSteakuddin Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    boson and/or transcender are very good.

boson comes with three individual practice exams and are tougher than the actual exam.

both will give you a very clear idea of how they actual exam will be.

good luck.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Anyone at all???
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Not up to doing ICDN2 yet myself

But the bosun practise exams are well regarded.
    I'm using them for icnd1 and will be using them for icnd2 (bought them both already as were on special this week - total of 25% off)

Tried the free ones that come with the cisco books ?
    If you register them bosun give you 10% off their exsim max practise exams.

then this weeks special was a total of 20% off or get 25% off if you like them on facebook
    bit dodgy but it saved me $80 off their list price - paid $118.50 total for both icdn1 &2 exsim max
    which I think is a good deal
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't bother using anything apart from Boson ex sim max for practice. They are as close to the real thing as you can get plus they come with excellent explanations.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Just to add, if I'm getting 90%+ on the Transcender practice exams using random questions of 50 do you think I'm ready for the ICND1 exam?

I'm still unsure if I actually really really understand the material or if somehow I have memorized the Transcender questions/answers.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used Transcender and Boson and they are both excellent...however the key is in how you approach practice exams.

Don't try to figure out the right answer on a practice test or a real test. Prove why the other answers are wrong - not only will you learn much more about the topic you are studying, you will do very well on the exam because it forces you to dissect a question and not just scan the answers for what looks or feels right. Cisco is notorious for putting wrong answers in their questions that at first glance appear correct. If you plan on going beyond the CCNA to the CCNP or higher, this is a skill you must acquire in order to be successful because the questions keep getting harder.

this technique will help you on almost ANY Cisco exam and it's a great way to study. What I usually do when I get a question wrong on a practice test is type all the answers in the notes section and put in my own words why each is wrong or right.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...