Options

Odem ICND2 Book Exams vs. Actual Exam

4o7FiveSeven4o7FiveSeven Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm scheduled to take the ICND2 Tuesday but I have the opportunity to take it tomorrow morning. I knew I was ready of the ICND1 when I was scoring 800+ on the practice exams included with the book based on so many of your comments that it was way harder than the actually exam and I passed with a score of 940+. I'm once again scoring 800+ on the ICND2 practice exams. My question is if the practice exams included with Odem's ICND2 book are more difficult than the actual ICND2 exam. I've searched around and I only can find comparisons to the ICND1 practice exams and not the ICND2.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I think the real exams are always harder than the practice questions that come with the books.

Anyone out there think the opposite?
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with SharkDiver, I found myself scoring 900+ on the Boson exams and being able to answer the full 52 questions within the 75 minute time-limit and still think the actual exam was heaps harder. (my score was 847)

But everyone is different, it is a massive advantage if you can handle the pressure and have a confident mindset going in to it.
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have heard that Wendell's exams are harder and people seem to recommend the ExSim exams which I am bout to buy. Have you used subnet192.com labs? Good Luck and let us know how it goes icon_thumright.gif!
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    4o7FiveSeven4o7FiveSeven Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well to answer my original question, the ICND2 book exams do not accurately represent the actual exam! I took the exam today and while I didn't fail miserably I did fail. I missed it by 3-4 questions which surprises me considering I had to rush through my final 10 and just my luck those were the type of questions that couldn't be rushed. My issue came to time management and I wasn't adequately prepared for the number of sims and simlet questions that I received. The amount in comparison to the ICND1 is ridiculous. While I felt, and still feel, confident in the material I know NOW what to expect. Overall I say it was a fair exam and I'm already scheduled to take it next Monday. My next question is either Boson exsim-max or transcender for additional practice questions?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I have used both Boson ExSim-Max and Transcender. I usually get both, but if I was only going to get one, it would always be the Boson.
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hate to say it but you are scaring me lol WOW I got my work cut out for me lol My initial goal was late January for ICND2 but realisticly March seems more achievable. I wish you the best I feel you have this under control let us know what happens I find my self overwhelmed by the material for CCNA it is completely endless. What is a good strategy that has worked for you all? My new plan is 3 hours on weekdays broken into Labs, Theory/Subnet and Exams. thoughts?
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    I have used both Boson ExSim-Max and Transcender. I usually get both, but if I was only going to get one, it would always be the Boson.

I agree with that. I have the Boson ex sim max for icnd1 and 2 and they are as close to the real thing as possible. I tried the Transcender sample questions(10) and although I had no trouble with them I did feel they were way off base in terms of look and also structure
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    only thing close to the real exam is the real exam.... the other questions just help you gauge your weak areas. boson exams are good (the ones that come with the cisco press stuff are more like boson lite.... if you know your stuff then you will not have a problem... just study, lab, study, lab, etc.... reapeat as necessary and then take the test...

my first time for my ccna i was freaking out thinking i was not prepared and i walked out of the test with almost a perfect score... next time around to renew it I was lazy in my study habits and almost failed it. this time around to renew it and I am studying and labbing like crazy, not just for the ccna renewal, but to get prepared for the ccnp that I hope to knock out this year.... the ccna studies are the foundation for all future cisco certs and it only makes sense to build a strong foundation.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green