Options

NAT - inside global/inside local outside global/outside local

altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
Can someone explain a little more to me what these terms mean? I thought I knew how it'd be represented when it goes across the network, but it seems like Boson may be contradicting itself? Not quite sure. At first it says the source address should be the inside local, and then on the next question it says the source and destination should typically be public IPs.

Screenshots attached, thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized the first question asked about the details to the left of the router instead of the entire packet.

Thanks anyway.
CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
Cisco: CCENT, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    altjx wrote: »
    Can someone explain a little more to me what these terms mean? I thought I knew how it'd be represented when it goes across the network, but it seems like Boson may be contradicting itself? Not quite sure. At first it says the source address should be the inside local, and then on the next question it says the source and destination should typically be public IPs.

Screenshots attached, thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized the first question asked about the details to the left of the router instead of the entire packet.

Thanks anyway.

As far as i remembered, those terms could be explained in such a way below :

NAT inside local : The private IP address of your hosts which you try to connect to the Internet with.
    NAT inside global : The translated IP address mapped with your inside local since you can not go to the Internet with inside local.(cos its not routable)
    NAT outside local and global : Even though, I truly dunno the difference between the two, these addresses assigned to hosts/servers inside
    the Internet or a public network.
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    I think that sounds exactly how I had in mind too. One of the Boson Exam questions were asking me about that, but it didn't take that for an answer. It was something weird.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA