Verizon EVPL crashes every Sunday at 11:00

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
We've been up on the new EVPL for 3 weeks... and the last 3 Sundays at ~11:00PM the port connected to the Verizon NID shuts down. There are no errors on the router... Verizon has no idea. There is nothing internally that would disconnect it. Anyone ever heard of this? I have to drive an hour + in the middle of the night to reset this thing. I didnt get home till almost 3AM last night. Im ordering a new router just in case but i dont know what else to do.

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have some customers with Verizon EVPL and they seem to have a lot of random issues (circuit outages that are never their issue, one way traffic, random flaps, other customer's traffic showing up on the network..). None that are at a given time every week but it sounds like a maintence window to me. I would make them replace the NID to start with also verify power (is it on a UPS?)... I have had things like large chillers in the building come on and cause other devices to flake out.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
    Thanks for the reply. it is on a UPS. its so strange that it happens at basically the same time every week. im also wondering if i have the whole thing set up right. im using the EVPL AdTran routers as the default gateway at each site. traffic destined for the other network is allowed through, internet traffic is routed back out and over to an ASA. the routers and ASA's are both plugged into the switch. does this create a loop anywhere or kill performance? cause this sure hasnt been running very well.