Options

Switch lab

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
So I will begin my CCNP studies this week and have chosen to go with SWITCH first.

This is what I currently have in my home lab.

3750-48-power
3550-48
3524-24
2960-24

will this suffice?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    more than sufficient... if you'll be using the official SWITCH lab manual, you're set.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    The official switch lab manual vs ? please elaborate for me.

I guess i should start googling this =)

edit: ok found it.. V6 192 pages.. pub date 2010/2011.
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    that's what i've been using, and i have 2x3550s and 2x2950s... the topology for the official lab manual works just right with both your setup and mine. i don't have any other lab manuals i plan on using. i'm also using jeremy ciaora's cbt nugget videos and following along. he only uses two switches most of the time.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    Gotcha..

pretty much set then.. official press book, official lab manual, cbt's.

I plan on doing 3-4 chapters week + lab time + video's @ work ;)

Thank you!
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As others have said – you should be good to go. Watch the 3524 as some of the commands are a bit flakey. Should be fine as an access switch though - and you’ll be able to do the PVLAN stuff on the 3750.

PS - don't waste too much time on the VoIP/QoS stuff - You know it all already! (I completely skipped those sections)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Pit... the voice / qos stuff will be easy.. but its worth it for me to refresh on it. Specially the QOS section.. I will admit i forgot a bunch of QoS stuff already. I wont waste much time on it though.

Anyhow, im excited!