Options

Best CCNA book for facts

just_in_timejust_in_time Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the best book to study for the CCNA that just contained the facts, something like an exam cram book? I already have Odem's Exam Certification Library but I was looking for a book that did not dive so much into theory as just gave the facts. As an example, I don't need to know the theory of how routing protocols work and read three examples, I just need to know the facts such as differences in each protocol and the IOS commands. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It really depends on what your goal is. The CCNA is a difficult exam to pass without understanding theory because it's designed that way. It's probably one of the hardest entry-level IT certs out there.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Is this for general knowledge or for certification purposes?
  • Options
    I already have a good understanding of the theory. I attended the Cisco Academy but it was about 10 years ago. I even attempted the test but failed it by 7 points. I work every day in networking so most theory I have a good understanding of. I have studied Odem's books and have a home lab. I need a book just for facts.
  • Options
    Certification purpose.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Bryant Advantage comes to mind. It may work for you as it hits the key points without all the intricacies.

However, I would still go with Odom or Lammle.
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    The CCNA Portable Command Guide is what you're looking for.
  • Options
    XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    in my opinion, the best material for CCNA is Brian McGahan's CCNA video Course from INE. He is a double CCIE (R&S and Security) and explains rly rly good the technologies that u need to know to pass the CCNA exam. He is not focused on the type of questions u may have on exam, instead he focuses on the technologies u need, if u know that, u can pass the test easily. I don't know if i'm allowed to post any link on this forum from INE, but u can google it and check it out. I believe there are some free streaming of videos in this period of time.