Options

Took ft. Lauderdale exam november 19, received survey, no results!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    jts1234 wrote: »
    Same deal. Got my email, and I passed!!!!!

Congrats man!

Tom

Congratulations to both of you. I just got my results and I PASSED as well!!!

What a great Christmas gift!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    bablakelybablakely Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, me too (and passed). Congrats to all the other new CISSPs!

-Ben
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Congratulations to you all! icon_cheers.gif

Now I'm gonna be in this thread all day handing out "congratz rep" to everyone. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Thanks JD! I will share my experience through a comprehensive post later on today or at some point in the future - hopefully before the end of the year.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats to all who passed who took their exams on my birthday! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    secgeeksecgeek Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took CISSP exam on nov27 AbuDhbai, got survey last week but no results yet
  • Options
    eagle786eagle786 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everyone! Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!!!
    By the hand of God I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I am so excited, and grateful, this is one of the best Christmas gifts I could ever receive!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to all of you who passed as well!
    For those who did not pass, I wish you the best in your efforts. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP. In the words of a prophet of the Lord, "Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts", "the righteous suffer no failure except in giving up and no longer trying".
    Good luck, and God be with you.
    -eagle
  • Options
    michael2323jordanmichael2323jordan Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations everyone!! I'm sooooo relieved--it's unbelievable!!
  • Options
    borisantoineborisantoine Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi to you All, just received my result today, I pass :) SSCP and I was on Fort Lauderdale Nov19 and I was the only one one with the SSCP Exam, now step 2.
    Regards.
  • Options
    Hi to you All, just received my result today, I pass :) SSCP and I was on Fort Lauderdale Nov19 and I was the only one one with the SSCP Exam, now step 2.
    Regards.

Congratulations! I believe you sat right next to me (right side). Time to celebrate, isn't it? :)
  • Options
    karlgwdkarlgwd Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took my exam in Pittsburgh on the 19th November 2011 and received my results today 22nd December 2011 (Passed) icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Susan_ITSusan_IT Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed! took the exam in Ft Lauderdale Nov 19!
    Summary Preparation: Definitely Shon Harris All-In-One Guide, Shon Harris MP3s when I could not be at a computer, videos and practice exams.
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    It appears I was off on my initial estimation of January 3rd. After reading a comment made by JDMURRAY in a previous thread suggesting that an inquiry be made to ISC2, regarding test results, I respectfully sent of an e-mail requesting a status update, yesterday, for those of us who took the CISSP exam on November 19th in Pittsburgh. To my surprise, this morning, I received an e-mail with my test results. May have been a coincidence, but I suppose it never hurts to ask. For those who received coal in their stocking, I wish you the best of luck on your next go around. For those of you who passed, congratulations!
  • Options
    afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    Passed woot. After I took the test I got absolutely wasted in uptown. My mind was so shot after taking the exam I felt like that was all I could do.
  • Options
    bryguy wrote: »
    To my surprise, this morning, I received an e-mail with my test results.
    And your results were...?
  • Options
    karlgwdkarlgwd Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just for information - I studied for two months at 2 hours a day and then took a weeks vacation immediately prior to the exam to focus on studying around 6 hours a day. My study material was the Shon Harris CISSP All in One Exam Guide (latest edition) and the CISSP Exam Prep Flash Cards by SSI Logic. I read the Shon Harris book in its entirety twice, I also completed all practice exams on the accompanying CD twice. I used no other study material, although I should qualify this statement by saying that I have been in the industry for about 15 years.
    On the day, I went into the exam feeling prepared but not over confident and I finished all questions in about 3.5 hours. I did not go back and recheck my answers as I didn't want to torture myself by trying to second guess what I had already considered to be the correct answer. Finally I left the examination room feeling very unsure, I had no idea whether I had been successful or not and I certainly considered it a possibility that I would have to retake this exam. To this end I continued to brush up on the domain material while I waited for my exam results.
  • Options
    AtomicfrogAtomicfrog Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    High fives all around!
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    And your results were...?

An early Christmas present- I passed! Although to be honest, walking out of there, I felt the results could have gone either way. So much so that the day after I took the exam, I immediately continued with my study routine, in the event that I failed and had to retake it a second time.

My advice to those who are taking the exam for the first time, is to understand the concepts and not get bogged down in the details, and then answer with your gut, and don't second guess yourself. If you come across a question you're not familiar with or doesn't appear to have a correct answer, do yourself a favor and assume it's one of the 25 experimental questions and carry on. I think that's the mindset that will get you through what can be an otherwise very arduous testing experience.
  • Options
    bryguy wrote:
    If you come across a question you're not familiar with or doesn't appear to have a correct answer, do yourself a favor and assume it's one of the 25 experimental questions and carry on. I think that's the mindset that will get you through what can be an otherwise very arduous testing experience.

This is my thoughts exactly. The topics that were not even touched on in my studies I chalked up to the 25 questions that didn't count. After the exam I went and looked at the CIB for the next version of the exam and I saw that my thoughts were correct.
  • Options
    The 25 research questions aren't necessarily about topics that are new to the CISSP exam. In fact, I would guess most of the research questions are about topics that you should expect to see on the current CISSP exam. Everybody in the exam room doesn't have the same 25 research questions either.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The 25 research questions aren't necessarily about topics that are new to the CISSP exam. In fact, I would guess most of the research questions are about topics that you should expect to see on the current CISSP exam.

From my perspective, it was more of a psychological trick I used, when the question and answers presented didn't match my existing knowledge schema... In some cases, I found my prior knowledge in networking was more of a detriment than an asset, and I'd waste time "arguing" with the question instead of finding a suitable answer. When I caught myself doing that, I'd write off the question as an experimental question, and continue on. Perhaps not the best approach, but it got me through the exam.
  • Options
    borisantoineborisantoine Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi to you all, would like to know if I can't find someone to endorse my application and I take the assistance,how many days should I expect to wait before ???
  • Options
    The email from ISC2 says it can take up to 6 weeks, so that's what I would go with.