Options

Attempting CCNA!

botbot Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

I am attempting my CCNA in a few months.

Are there any advice that some of you can give me, for example: where i should focus in the preparation for my exam?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have a look here : CCNA / CCENT Forums - especially the sticky posts.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Definitely check out jibbajabba's link. My suggestion is getting a book or two (Odom, Lammle), a video training product (CBT Nuggets, Train Signal) and some sort of lab (Packet Tracer, GNS3, physical hardware.)

The above along with dedication and good study habits are a proven winning combination.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! i appreciate it :) i went to purchase a Sybex CCNA book written by Lammle, and i got the CBT Nugget series from Jeremy Cioara (CCENT/CCNA)

Thanks a stack! i will see if i can get ahold of Packet tracer too :)

Cheers
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bot wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! i appreciate it :) i went to purchase a Sybex CCNA book written by Lammle, and i got the CBT Nugget series from Jeremy Cioara (CCENT/CCNA)

Thanks a stack! i will see if i can get ahold of Packet tracer too :)

Cheers

I highly recommend Aaron's own guides: Router Alley - Guides
    His guide was a good reason I passed and I am also using it for ICND2 studies. I found it more useful than Odom's "book"
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Good luck with your studies. With hard work and dedication you will have the letters CCNA after your name.icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the Link MrXpert, alot of usefull information in there :)

Shanman! Thank you for the support i really appreciate it :D