Options

CCENT exam .. Am I Ready ??

ashikzashikz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im studying for CCENT about 3/4 months. I've used(still using) CCNA/CCENT ICND1 book by Odom, CBT nugget video by the great Jermey, subnettingquestion.org, Techexams forum and cisco learning network. I can do any subnetting/vlsm in 30 seconds. Now im planning to write my exam on december 29th '11. What u guys think ? Am i ready for the judgement day ?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That sounds about right. Did you do any labbing with Packet Tracer, GNS3 or physical hardware? Also, how did you do on Odom's end of chapter questions?
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    That sounds about right. Did you do any labbing with Packet Tracer, GNS3 or physical hardware? Also, how did you do on Odom's end of chapter questions?
    +1. If setting up networks in PT ,GNS3 and real hardware is second nature to you, then I say you're all set.icon_thumright.gif
    Just remember to jot down the subnetting table from /16 - /32 and every little tidbit of info in your head right before you actually begin your exam so that you're not wasting precious time trying to figure out something.
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    if you jot down the table you should be able to do the subnetting questions in under 15 seconds.... my first CCNA (back when they only had 1 test) a little over half the questions were subenetting based and if I didn't have the chart copied down I would have been SOL...
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    ashikzashikz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ah yah .. Im using Packet Tracer. I've made some LAB by myself.
    I did some PT exercises with "Ripv2, console & vty passwords, static route, NAT & PAT, banner ... etc "
    Now Im planning to do 1 PT exercise per day untill december 28th.
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    ashikz wrote: »
    ah yah .. Im using Packet Tracer. I've made some LAB by myself.
    I did some PT exercises with "Ripv2, console & vty passwords, static route, NAT & PAT, banner ... etc "
    Now Im planning to do 1 PT exercise per day untill december 28th.

Sounds like a good plan! Make sure you get back to us and let us all know how you did on the exam.

I'm taking mine in early January so hopefully I'll pass as well!
  • Options
    fivestardayfivestarday Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took them both (ICND1 & ICND2) and passed them a few weeks back. For the ICND1/CCENT, it sounds like you are about ready to take now. For ICND2 you will probably need another month of study. My ICND2 test was at least 3 times harder than ICDN1.

It sounds like you have a solid plan for the ICND1, as those topics are covered heavily. You must know subnetting inside and out, and especially know how packets/frames traverse networks. The basic TCP/IP Nugget videos are crucial (Videos 2-5). Keep studying and you'll do well!