Options

Passed ICND2 yesterday morning

altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
Woot!! Finally! After all the studying, all the notetaking and practicing, I passed ICND2 on the first try with a score of 930!! The material was much easier than I had expected, and I had 30 minutes left!

I've been studying consistently since passing ICND1 2 months ago. I've used CBT Nuggets/TrainSignal, Official ICND2 Study Guide (cisco press), Boson Exam Environment, TechExams (of course), Google, and that's about it. I've also taken the Cisco course in college about a year ago, so a lot of this material was a refresher for me.

For anyone who haven't seen my previous thread of attached notes and commands, here are them again:
ICND2 Notes - http://db.tt/3dZpnmFG
ICND2 Commands - http://db.tt/OftJPaUa

ICND1 Notes - http://db.tt/Rzg4ijL4
ICND1 Commands - http://db.tt/FCEB4i5C

Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck to any test takers. This makes my 7th cert and for being 20 with 3 years work experience in IT, anything beyond would be a little overkill. Next goal - finish my 2 years for college and get my BS, and pursue a master's. I'll take my CCNA Security over the next year or two for my job and extend my expiration period.
CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
Cisco: CCENT, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Altjx!
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Thanks for the notes. I feel pretty comfortable for the ICND1 but I will def. take a look at the notes you've provided. Thanks again for sharing your work with others and props on the success of passing your exams!
  • Options
    Thanks for the notes. I feel pretty comfortable for the ICND1 but I will def. take a look at the notes you've provided. Thanks again for sharing your work with others and props on the success of passing your exams!

Thanks man, absolutely no problem!
  • Options
    ashikzashikz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrtz ..
    and thx for NOtes :)
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, was this your first attempt, also how many hours did you dedicate for studying?
  • Options
    This was my first attempt and I've been studying ever since passing ICND1 about 2 months ago. I've dedicated more than 100 hours to this exam, during idle time at work and some time in the evening, and boring weekends. I've also taken the classes too about a year ago, and it was a 2 year course.

My next step is to pursue my Bachelor's degree and Master's afterwards. I'll get my CCNA Security and SSCP sometime in between, since I work in IT Security and these certs will be a huge plus for me. I just don't want to overload myself with so many certs and not the experience.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the score!

I can tell by your notes that you have put a lot of time and effort in to this certification. Like others have said, thank you very much for sharing. I've been studying very lightly for the past 6 months and trying to knuckle down and get at least my ICND1 done before the end of the year.

Good luck on your future studies and thanks again for sharing notes!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Congrats on the score!

I can tell by your notes that you have put a lot of time and effort in to this certification. Like others have said, thank you very much for sharing. I've been studying very lightly for the past 6 months and trying to knuckle down and get at least my ICND1 done before the end of the year.

Good luck on your future studies and thanks again for sharing notes!

Most definitely! I've been carefully reading line by line as I knew the CCENT and CCNA would be much more in-depth and tougher than my Microsoft certifications. Fortunately, Cisco asks what's right and what's wrong vs how Microsoft do their "choose the best answer" question. Definitely by far the best and most straight forward certifications I've ever taken.

No problem! :)
  • Options
    AndreLAndreL Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats and thanks for the study matterial
  • Options
    AndreL wrote: »
    congrats and thanks for the study matterial

Thanks! No problem! :)
  • Options
    Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, well done, I'll be definately taking a leaf out of your book :)
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

Hopefully you get your degrees faster than I have.
    11 years part time so far with 1 year to go (double degree Applied Physics and Computer Systems Engineering)
    here eng degrees are 5 -6 years with 1 year of compulsory industrial experience.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Keep the heat up!
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice work! No surprise on the score, though--you obviously prepared carefully and really understood the material. Good to see it paid off so well. :)
  • Options
    headshotheadshot Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice work and nice notes. A few more pages and it could be a book. :D
  • Options
    megadeth199megadeth199 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow man thanks for these notes. This will help me for my exam :P
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congrats on the pass!!! Good luck with your future studies.
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome well done! icon_cheers.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with future studies.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I definitely put a lot of work into my notes, so I'm glad you all like them.
    alxx wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Hopefully you get your degrees faster than I have.
    11 years part time so far with 1 year to go (double degree Applied Physics and Computer Systems Engineering)
    here eng degrees are 5 -6 years with 1 year of compulsory industrial experience.

I've told myself I'll never work part time again, because in college I hated that. I felt so limited on my salary, it was ridiculous and especially because I was happier at work than school. I'll probably take a few classes per semester and see how well it plays out with my new position.
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your Pass!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    Congrats on your Pass!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Much appreciated! :)
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    altjx wrote: »
    I've told myself I'll never work part time again, because in college I hated that. I felt so limited on my salary, it was ridiculous and especially because I was happier at work than school. I'll probably take a few classes per semester and see how well it plays out with my new position.

Pay isn't to bad icon_wink.gif can't really complain to much at $48 an hour (only about lack of hours , approx 21 a week)
    I've just got to finish the degree then look at decent paying jobs not casual jobs.
    Work on embedded systems (currently omap with embedded linux then back on to fpgas next year) and netowrk/sensor systems development.

Plus I know when I finish the degree ,I'll find something else to learn (keep going with cisco etc )
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the belated congrats! great job on your pass.Your notes are excellent by the way
    I read earlier you used Boson. May i ask you how the Boson ICND2 ex sim max questions compared to the real thing?
    thanks
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    MrXpert wrote: »
    Sorry for the belated congrats! great job on your pass.Your notes are excellent by the way
    I read earlier you used Boson. May i ask you how the Boson ICND2 ex sim max questions compared to the real thing?
    thanks

Thanks! I personally think the Bodon environment was a little tougher. I had the same opinion for ICND1 as well. I got tired of looking at the software after about taking all 150 questions about 10-15 times over 2 months. I eventually stopped because I started knowing the answers before reading the questions and it became tiring.
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's good news, I thought the same thing with ICND1 but with the ICND2 Boson questions I wasn't so sure whether it maybe harder or easier than the real thing.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.