Options

Passed ICND2 yesterday morning

Comments

• Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Yeah, I didn't really like the way Boson prepared me, but since the questions were definitely relevant to the book, I figured it was good just to use it to brush up on.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Options
    LikeawindLikeawind Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I wish some day I would be able to achieve CCNA cert, do you have any advise for newb like me? I have given myself 8 months to get the cert done, is that enough time, what kind of material you recommend? Thanks
  • Options
    Likeawind wrote: »
    Congrats man, I wish some day I would be able to achieve CCNA cert, do you have any advise for newb like me? I have given myself 8 months to get the cert done, is that enough time, what kind of material you recommend? Thanks

Well, I made sure I did a lot of reading, and took as many notes as I could. Not knowing how in depth the exam would be, I made sure I jotted down everything I didn't know, and that resulted in about 50+ pages of notes. Nothing's ever wrong with that. I know all the reading can become tiring, but the more you practice the material and go over the material, the more it'll become easy to you. Also, for me, I catch on when I review my notes OVER TIME. Mastering everything for 1 or 2 days is nothing because a week later half the information will be forgotten. So I'd just recommend practice it again, again, again, the week later, the week later again, until you finally got it all down.

I used the CD that came with the ICND2 Official Certification Guide, and I used some training videos through the job, and also I've taken the Cisco class in college, so that was a huge plus too. Of course here, I've spammed (not really) the forums with tons of questions I've had regarding the book, practice scenarios from the practice questions, etc. These guys are very supportive! Just keep up your persistence and don't let yourself "take long breaks" like most who procrastinate.
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • Options
    CbrandonBCbrandonB Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, bro! That's awesome.

Personally, I believe the best option in IT is to get a job that will pay for your college. Building experience and getting degrees at the same time is the best route for those who are up for it. It may take longer, but I believe its much more efficient than going to college first and then getting a job (speaking from experience on that one ;) ).

And thanks for sharing your notes! They are a fantastic resource and much appreciated.

Brandon
  • Options
    Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    CbrandonB wrote: »
    Congrats, bro! That's awesome.

Personally, I believe the best option in IT is to get a job that will pay for your college. Building experience and getting degrees at the same time is the best route for those who are up for it. It may take longer, but I believe its much more efficient than going to college first and then getting a job (speaking from experience on that one ;) ).

And thanks for sharing your notes! They are a fantastic resource and much appreciated.

Brandon

I completely agree. Working and in school at the same time is 2 ways of advancing the career and knowledge, so it's definitely the best idea to get a job in IT while in school if possible. A lot of things that are learned can be implemented at work, and vice versa, making school a bit easier.

Thanks for your complement regarding my notes. I'm glad you liked them!
  • Options
    dogtagdogtag Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I'm about to take the icnd2 exam in 30 days also. I was looking at your Icnd2 commands and they're great, but I can't locate your icnd2 notes. it would really help to see another view, is there any way i can get a copy of the notes? the link to the notes is not working.

Thanks!

Dogtag
  • Options
    dogtag wrote: »
    Congrats!!! i'm about to take the icnd2 exam in 30 days too. I was looking at your Icnd2 commands but can't locate your icnd2 notes. it would really help to see another view, is there a way i can get a copy?

Thanks!

Dogtag

Sorry about that. Go ahead and try clicking the links in the first post again. I had renamed them so the link didn't work, but I put them back to the original.

Also, I've uploaded CCENT/CCNA Commands and Notes to a zip file on Mediafire: CCENT & CCNA.zip
  • Options
    lenell86lenell86 Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for the notes. I'm about to take ICND1 tomorrow and ICND2 in 2 weeks. Those commands you put down, those are all that you memorized? Good god my brain is gonna go numb lol.
    Certifications complete: A+, Net+, Security+, MCTS 70-401, MCSA
    Currently working towards: MCSE (70-293)
  • Options
    lenell86 wrote: »
    thanks for the notes. I'm about to take ICND1 tomorrow and ICND2 in 2 weeks. Those commands you put down, those are all that you memorized? Good god my brain is gonna go numb lol.

Haha. To be honest, yeah. I memorized probably about 98% of all the commands and their description in case I was asked. I just wasn't sure as to how in-depth the exams would go.
  • Options
    isn't the help (?) command available? Couldn't I just fumble with that and just go by with that lol?? It's pretty easy to figure it out, if the help command is there. Did you see if it was?
  • Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    in my exam it wasn't available (neither the tab key), it is also specified in the cisco exam tutorial
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    ummm time to crap my pants...lol...guess i'll have to re-schedule. I don't memorize even a quarter of those commands on altjx's compilation lmao..I figured I'd go in there and just use the help command and fumble around...oops
  • Options
    Reason why I thought it was available was because Jeremy from the CBT Nuggets CCENT video, he definitely said the help (?) command was available on the test. Then again, the videos were produced in 2007, so Cisco may have pulled the plug since then.
  • Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    in the last one i did, in some testlets it worked and others did
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go on passing ICND 2 Altjx. Congratz on the score. I will also link your notes.
    I am doing the Cisco Network Academy at my local college and we are finishing up on Network Fundamentals 4.0 and are getting ready to take the final and move into the Routeing Protocols and concepts ( CCNA 2 ). I am sure your notes will prove most helpful. Thank you again for notes and congratulations on you CCNA !!
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    maddem wrote: »
    Congratz!

Thanks!!

Reason why I thought it was available was because Jeremy from the CBT Nuggets CCENT video, he definitely said the help (?) command was available on the test. Then again, the videos were produced in 2007, so Cisco may have pulled the plug since then.

Yeah, I believe they made those videos back in 07 and I'm not 100% if the exam contains the same material from 2007, although it really might. Don't quite me on that. The help command was definitely not available when I took my exam, but I didn't even need it. I was curious and just tried it and it didn't work.
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    Way to go on passing ICND 2 Altjx. Congratz on the score. I will also link your notes.
    I am doing the Cisco Network Academy at my local college and we are finishing up on Network Fundamentals 4.0 and are getting ready to take the final and move into the Routeing Protocols and concepts ( CCNA 2 ). I am sure your notes will prove most helpful. Thank you again for notes and congratulations on you CCNA !!

Thanks a lot and I hope you enjoy my notes. Feel free to message me if you need any help or just for whatever. I want to stay updated as fresh as possible on this material considering I won't be studying for another certification for a year or so.
  • Options
    ummm time to crap my pants...lol...guess i'll have to re-schedule. I don't memorize even a quarter of those commands on altjx's compilation lmao..I figured I'd go in there and just use the help command and fumble around...oops

Haha, not even a quarter of them man?? Yeah, lol. The exam didn't allow the help command for me. I think it just told me Unrecognized Command. I don't think they're that hard to remember, but of course it won't be one of those things that just takes 2 days of looking at it for hours. It'll take looking at it constantly for awhile until it becomes second nature to you.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the CBT videos did help. It's a great supplemental guide - and it's entertaining.

Your notes make mine look pitiful. But then again, going for your college degrees, I'd expect you know how to take notes.

I'll definitely read over them tonight.

the ? command worked and sometimes didn't work for me in ICND1. knowing multiple ways around the commands for the same information helped a lot.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    the CBT videos did help. It's a great supplemental guide - and it's entertaining.

Your notes make mine look pitiful. But then again, going for your college degrees, I'd expect you know how to take notes.

I'll definitely read over them tonight.

the ? command worked and sometimes didn't work for me in ICND1. knowing multiple ways around the commands for the same information helped a lot.

Thanks man. They are much more organized than my Windows 7 notes and I'm glad I got a feedback on the organization aspect of it as well. Hoping this will take me pretty far through my next few years of college.

I agree, I think the ? command worked on the first half of the ICND1, but I didn't have to really use it on the second half. I mean actually, I just had to do a few show commands and those are probably the most basic commands in IOS if you ask me. The tough part is when it comes to the configuration part of it.
  • Options
    angel.oa wrote: »
    in my exam it wasn't available (neither the tab key), it is also specified in the cisco exam tutorial
    just passed icnd1 today. Both the tab and help (?) was available...
  • Options
    just passed icnd1 today. Both the tab and help (?) was available...

Congrats! I think they are referring to the ICND2 with the help command. For me, I was able to use it in the ICND1, but not ICND2.
  • Options
    getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ altjx,

I'm getting ready for this test in a few weeks and I have been carrying around my icnd1 book with highlighted sections and handwritten notes to and from work and it has been a pain. I would like to thank you for creating these notes and making them readily available. I had them printed & binded at kinkos a couple of days ago and it has made studying on the go alot easier. thanks! oh and belated congrats on passing icnd1 & 2
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering
  • Options
    getitngo wrote: »
    @ altjx,

I'm getting ready for this test in a few weeks and I have been carrying around my icnd1 book with highlighted sections and handwritten notes to and from work and it has been a pain. I would like to thank you for creating these notes and making them readily available. I had them printed & binded at kinkos a couple of days ago and it has made studying on the go alot easier. thanks! oh and belated congrats on passing icnd1 & 2

Thank you! I'm glad my notes were able to help you. Good luck on your exam and don't forget to let us know how you did icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    shanparamesshanparames Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Altjx

Congratulations for becoming a CCNA and how long did you study CCNA for getting this achievement because I am studying CCNA through self-study guide from TODD LAMMLE, WENDELL ODOM and couple of videos like CBT NUGGETS, TRAINSIGNAL...

Please advise me !

I am studying CCNA for past three years through self study and my studying habit is not consistent due to that when I am studying from beginning towards the end , I am forgetting the beginning even though I am fully understanding the concepts and going further.

If I understand in my study, then only I go further.... this is my bad habit.... I know

Please give me some tips to attend the exam.

I attended Boson exam environment and got only 50% in the exam .

Please advise me!
    Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Altjx

Congratulations for becoming a CCNA and how long did you study CCNA for getting this achievement because I am studying CCNA through self-study guide from TODD LAMMLE, WENDELL ODOM and couple of videos like CBT NUGGETS, TRAINSIGNAL...

Please advise me !

I am studying CCNA for past three years through self study and my studying habit is not consistent due to that when I am studying from beginning towards the end , I am forgetting the beginning even though I am fully understanding the concepts and going further.

If I understand in my study, then only I go further.... this is my bad habit.... I know

Please give me some tips to attend the exam.

I attended Boson exam environment and got only 50% in the exam .

Please advise me!

Thank you!

In addition to taking the courses Cisco 1 - 4 for 2 years in college, I studied for 2 months consistently for the first half, and then another 2 months consistently for the second half. As you can tell from my notes, I've invested a lot of time getting all of the details and practicing everything in Packet Tracer.

I would recommend doing the Boson Exam a few more times until you're able to master that, and then move on to another set of practice tests. Once completed those, go back to the Boson Exam and see if you can still get those answers correct. While knowing you may have chose wrong answers, it's helpful to know why the wrong answer is wrong, and the right answer is right.

Personally, the Boson exam didn't really compare to the real exam, but you never know.icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks atjx for your advice and I will follow the hints given by you!

And can you please give me some good details or links about NAT, FRAME RELAY & SUMMARIZATION?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks atjx for your advice and I will follow the hints given by you!

And can you please give me some good details or links about NAT, FRAME RELAY & SUMMARIZATION?

I honestly would recommend you looking over my notes. Since passing the ICND2, I haven't touched much of the information. Feel free to ask away any questions though and I'll help you out. Not sure what information in regards to NAT, frame relay, and route summarization you're seeking.
  • Options
    altjx wrote: »
    I honestly would recommend you looking over my notes. Since passing the ICND2, I haven't touched much of the information. Feel free to ask away any questions though and I'll help you out. Not sure what information in regards to NAT, frame relay, and route summarization you're seeking.

Thanks for your advice and what I am seeking is the basics of the mentioned topics.

Since in NAT confusing terms are lot .....

In FRAME RELAY the concept is vague

Summarization...... easy way to tackle the question in the exam

I think that after going through your notes I can get an idea
    Thanks