Options

Given old CCNA lab whats good and not?

feltakfeltak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
A friend of a friend heard I was practicing for CCNA, and gave me a number of old hardware and I am unsure of what is good and what is outdated. I am not afraid of spending the money if I need to replace something just need to know what to replace. All light up and show a boot.

1 2515 Router
1 3620 Router w/ 2 ethernet 1 aui card
1 2924 Switch xl en
1 2924 Switch xl a
2 1924 Switch en
1 2620 Router xm

A large bag ethernet serial console etc cables. Any suggestions of replacements for these items would be appreciated as well as what would work as a good access server?

Donald

Comments

• Options
    sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    Personally I'd say the 3620 & 2620XM will be fine (you may need to get some fast ethernet cards for the 3620). The 2515 may be OK for a bit of serial routing.
    I'd probably sell the switches & buy a 2950 or three (if you can afford them).

That should cover ICND1 & most of ICND2.
  • Options
    feltakfeltak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great any thoughts an access server?

And congrats on your CCENT!
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    feltak wrote: »

I wouldn't say an AS is required for the ICND1/2 but for your CCNP studies when you add more routers you may want to add one.

I plan on just telnetting into all my devices and hopping back and forth between them that way.
  • Options
    sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    feltak wrote: »

I'm using a Perle access server. Quite easy to set up (once I built all the cables I needed) and cost around £50.