Options

Where to next?

apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi All,

So 2011 was a busy year... I upgraded my MCSE:Security to MCITP:SA and MCITP:EA in January. Got my CCNA in April, my CCNA:Security in June and upgraded it to CCNP Security by November. And finished my BS:IT Security back in August.

I switched job roles (still the same company) from Sr Windows Admin (Lv3) to Jr Network Admin (Lv1) back in May and just got word that effective January Ill be promoted to Network Admin (Lv2).

The company is working on a new policy hopefully to be implemented in the new year to pay a differential for cross-trained individuals so Ill likely be getting even more of an increase as a result of my Sr Windows Admin (Lv3) role.

So now Im trying to decide where to go to next.

Im planning on starting an MBA in IT Management at WGU in February (Anyone have any thoughts, recs or experience with that?).

Im thinking a job and location change may be in order come August when my lease is up as I'd like to get out of Texas and back to the East Coast to be closer to family.

I think I might try to get F5 LTM/GTM Systems Engineer certifications in January and maybe something in Linux after that but I dont know...

Other thoughts include CISA, CISM or the ISSMP specialization for my CISSP. Maybe CEH? But I think Id like to get a bit more Linux experience before attempting that...

What do you guys think I should go for next?
Currently Working On: Openstack
2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP