Options

Meh! Nothing to CCIE here...

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    w00t! Congrats! icon_cheers.gif Maybe one day for me...for now it is all security related items.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    mhonsky wrote: »
    Congratulations!!

Quick question, which path have you done on your studies, linear fashion or doing Vol II and referencing to Vol I+ATC+CiscoDoCCD?
    Appreciate your feedback :)

Many thanks!

Review ATC videos and work Vol I. Once finished with Vol I then do Vol II. Last few months I worked Vol III and IV while refreshing on Vol I topics and Vol II full labs to ensure I was prepared for full 8hr labs. I got 4 mock labs as part of my training package with INE, but I didn't end up using them. I used the mock labs I got as part of the INE bootcamp instead.

INE has a decent training program here:

How to pass the CCIE R&S with INE's 4.0 Training Program
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    webgeek wrote: »
    w00t! Congrats! icon_cheers.gif Maybe one day for me...for now it is all security related items.

I hear that! I did the CISSP, CEH, CHFI, ECSA, etc a few years ago. At some point I'll go back and work on JNCIP-Sec and CCNP: Security, but I am in no rush. The majority of my job these days is designing Data Center Architectures so I went for the R&S and am planning the DC and SP tracks sometime over the next 10 years... maybe.
  • Options
    Congrats to my fellow Floridian, Down77. I'm so happy for you. Glad you were able to conquer the beast.

Thank you thank you! Like I said, we will have to get a group of TE'rs together in either central florida or @ Cisco Live! to have a cold one.
  • Options
    mhonskymhonsky Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your response! Enjoy your number and good luck on your next track :)
    Reading Hrs for Lab:60
    Lab Hrs: 200

Goal 2013: CCIE R&S ( ) | ITILv3 Foundation ( )
  • Options
    mhonsky wrote: »
    Thanks for your response! Enjoy your number and good luck on your next track :)

Thank you! Putting together a plan of action and after a little time off will get back into it. I have most of the materials needed for the SP track, and am just waiting for better labs and workbooks to be available for the DC track. I will be finishing my CCNP Data Center (1 exam away) but am heavily leaning towards CCIE SP next.
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Congratulations, great result!

Another TE CCIE in 2013!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    down77 wrote: »
    ...am planning the DC and SP tracks sometime over the next 10 years... maybe.

Looks like someone will still have some fuel left! Congrats on your success, reading your blog was so inspirational. I'll be heading that this journey soon.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    WiseWun wrote: »
    Looks like someone will still have some fuel left! Congrats on your success, reading your blog was so inspirational. I'll be heading that this journey soon.

Thank you. I've had a few people @ Cisco surprised that I am turning right around and doing another track. RS and SP have so much overlap that I think I can be a double CCIE within 12mos. I just need to purchase more rack time and work on the ME3400 and XR12000 devices!
  • Options
    rakem wrote: »
    Congratulations, great result!

Another TE CCIE in 2013!

Same to you! While I was hoping to have it the same day as you last month, I'll take the pass 5wks later!
  • Options
    Since I promised to post some recommended videos from INE I thought I would put a few up that I recommend as part of a Layer 2 Review...

INE CCIE R&S ATC Videos:
    3 Ethernet Overview, Layer 2 Switchports, Trunking, ISL, 802.1q, DTP
    4 VTP, VTP Authentication, VTP Pruning
    5 VTP Prune Eligible List, VTP Transparent, VTP Troubleshooting, Trunk Allowed List, Extended VLANs
    8 Layer 2 EtherChannel, EtherChannel Load Balancing, Layer 3 EtherChannel
    9 802.1q Tunneling, Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling, EtherChannel over 802.1q Tunneling
    10 STP Root Bridge Election, STP Root Port Election, STP Designated Port Election, STP Priority, STP Cost, STP Port-Priority
    19 Multiple Spanning-Tree Protocol (MST)
    20 Rapid Spanning-Tree Protocol (RSTP), Rapid-PVST
    23 Frame Relay
    24 Frame Relay Configuration Part 1
    25 Frame Relay Configuration Part 2
    28 Frame-Relay End-to-End Keepalives
    29 PPP, PPP PAP Authentication, PPP CHAP Authentication
    30 PPPoFR, PPPoE

I do recommended reviewing all the ATC videos and understanding the technologies like the back of your hand, but this is an example of ones I would review at least an extra time for extra comprehension.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Holy crap! Where was I? I read about your last attempt, and then BAM, a pass! That's awesome. Shame you're in tampa this week, I'm actually in Melbourne on a project at the moment..or else I'd join ya'll for a brew.

Enjoy the pass. I am not feeling too optimistic for my own chances after all of the passes this year from TE members, but who knows..anything can happen!
  • Options
    I'll be in Central Florida a bit more often over the next few months. We'll have to schedule a TE'rs night out!